Apr 28, 2013, 9:28 AM EDT
New England defender Andrew Farrell, the top pick in this year’s MLS draft, needed to be helped off the field last night in stoppage time of his team’s 2-0 win over Philadelphia.
Across the coast, talented young Galaxy striker Jack McBean will miss an extended period with a fracture left clavicle. McBean suffered the injury in the 53rd minute of his team’s win Saturday after colliding with Real Salt Lake center back Nat Borchers.
McBean, 18, had played in every Galaxy match so far this year, starting five of those. He has a goal and two assists. He is a Galaxy Home Grown signing in his first professional season.
Farrell’s injury was not known. New England coaches were clearly incensed when the big right back went down under a hard challenge from Philadelphia’s Gabriel Farfan. No foul was called.
Farrell (pictured above) is one of three New England Revolution players to have started every game this season.
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0
- Reports: Julian Green to be loaned from Bayern Munich to Hamburg 0
- Xabi Alonso debuts as Bayern Munich held at Schalke 0
- Premier League Saturday Roundup: Chelsea win classic; Stoke stun Man City 0
- Everton 3-6 Chelsea: Blues prevail in sensational nine-goal thriller (video) 1