Apr 29, 2013, 4:55 PM EST
Who can deny that it’s nice to be noticed? And when you’re a soccer player, and when Arsene Wenger is doing this “noticing,” well that’s just puts the cherry on the sundae, now doesn’t it?
Kei Kamara has made quite an impression while on loan to Norwich City. Which is why everyone is talking about whether the Canaries will or will not bid to buy the big midfielder outright outright from Sporting Kansas City man. Why, Joe Prince-Wright was talking about it on this very blog just a short time ago.
The Canaries may decide they just don’t want to meet SKC’s asking price, at which point he would move right back in with his old mates around Sporting Park.
But if it was up to Wenger, the Gunners manager sounds as if the choice is a no-brainer. Here’s what Wenger recently told Arsenal.com about Kamara. (We’re just a little behind on this one; still seemed like it was worth pointing out, especially as the clock is ticking so where Norwich’s decision is concerned.)
“It’s absolutely fantastic what he is achieving. It’s down to quality of scouting that these clubs do, and you have to give them credit for that. To keep Grant Holt out of the team, [Kamara] must have something special. We have, of course, to keep him quiet on Saturday.”
By the way, Peter Vermes’ team has lost two in a row, so Sporting could probably use a little punching up at the moment. Kamara is just the guy who could help them do it.
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has come Premier League villain No. 1 1
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic insures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 5
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 2
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0