Apr 30, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Here are Nos. 11-19 of ProSoccerTalk’s weekly countdown following nine rounds of regular season play.
(Nos. 1-10 are on deck …so check back)
19. D.C. United – Finally, a little spoonful of good news: Chris Pontius’ injury does not seem as bad as first feared. And, uh … no, that’s about it on the “good news” front. A 3-0 setback in Columbus is the latest brick in the wall of pressure mounting on the decides around RFK Stadium.
18. Chicago Fire – One step forward (last week’s win at home) and one step, well, not exactly backward. A loss in Montreal isn’t the worst thing, but it’s not what the Fire need to get out of this early season hole.
17. Seattle Sounders – That odd-duck MLS scheduling got the Sounders last week. Just when Sigi Schmid’s team was building a little momentum, Seattle had the weekend off. They face the Union at PPL Park outside Philadelphia in Round 10.
16. Toronto FC – Ryan Nelsen’s team was missing some zip in a 2-1 loss to New York at BMO Field. It’s not easy on the Reds (or the other teams from North of the border) with these important Canadian Championship matches sandwiched in between MLS weekends.
15. New England Revolution – Perhaps no MLS team needed a Week 9 result like the Revs. With Juan Toja back on the bench, Kelyn Rowe and Lee Nguyen played closer to the middle in a 4-1-4-1, and it worked swimmingly in a 2-0 win over Philadelphia.
14. Colorado Rapids – The Rapids nearly did something special in Houston, leading the Dynamo for a spell before splitting the points on Giles Barnes’ second-half equalizer. Veteran center back Drew Moor (pictured above) is back in the starting lineup for Oscar Pareja.
13. Philadelphia Union – Might there finally be movement on Bakary Soumare’s trade request, which goes back to March? He does seem like surplus goods around Chester, PA.
12. Chivas USA – A 2-2 draw at home against San Jose left the Goats winless in April. A trip this week into Sporting Park to face an angry Kansas City bunch is hardly a recipe for a fast start to May.
11. Columbus – A home match against reeling D.C. United worked out about as you would expect, a fairly comfortable 3-0 result against the Black and Red. But who expects the scoreboard to catch on fire?
Nov 28, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
A Carlos Vela hat trick helped the ex-Manchester United manager earn his first win in La Liga.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Loius van Gaal’s side received a huge boost with the news of the return of injured stars Radamel Falcao and Maros Rojo.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
With Bradley Wright-Phillips out due to yellow card accumulation, it could be up to Tim Cahill to produce for New York.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo’s club was upset after the UEFA president said he believed a world champion should win the Ballon d’Or.
Nov 28, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
According to Gary Neville, there may soon be a changing of the guards for best goalkeeper in the world.
Nov 28, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
No team has been hit harder by injuries than Arsenal, who will look to bolster their squad during the January transfer window.
Nov 28, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Tottenham’s Europa League match against Partizan Belgrade was briefly suspended after multiple fans stormed the pitch.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Sunderland face a daunting task as they host a Chelsea side that hasn’t lost since a friendly on August 3rd.
Nov 28, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Cameron talks turkey, playing at one of his favorite stadiums, sickness bugs and more in his first piece for PST.
Nov 28, 2014, 3:07 PM EST
LVG is bringing managerial swagger back to Old Trafford.
Nov 28, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
It’s no surprise that the Liverpool manager is feeling the heat after the Reds 12th place start.
Nov 28, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Here’s how PST’s lead writer and editor sees things panning out this weekend.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
It’s a vibrant and informative take on the big following in Seattle, one that even Sounders haters can respect for its size, dedication and creativity.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
Top Four and Bottom Three match-ups take the battle for Premier League places to a different level this weekend.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Where and how to watch all the PL games during Week 13.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:52 AM EST
Hull City is looking for a historic win when they visit surging Manchester United on Saturday.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
We pick three clubs in three countries that could be a landing spot for the out-of-favor Sunderland striker in the January transfer window.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
The Baggies are coming off losses to Chelsea and Newcastle, and are four points back of eighth place Arsenal. The NBCSN match kicks at 745am ET.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
Spain (4) and Germany (3) are the only nations with multiple members.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:35 AM EST
Manchester United’s legendary midfielder will stay in his assistant coach role for Ireland, spend more time with his family.
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0