May 2, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
There will come a day when Jack McInerney talk is not virtually dominating this blog. Promise!
There will be a time when he’s not named our Player of the Week (as last week). Or when he’s not all over our MLS Team of the Week. Or when we aren’t comparing his prodigious rate of goal scoring to the higher-profile, higher-paid under achievers of MLS scoring. Or when we aren’t building draft retrospectives around him.
But that day is not today. Young McInerney was named MLS Player of the Month for April.
“Jack Mac,” 20, had four goals in four matches during the month. Three of his goals this year have been game-winners for the Union.
By the way, along with Mike Magee, George John and Dax McCarty and others, we will be front and center in advocacy of McInerney to land on Jurgen Klinsmanns’s Gold Cup squad this summer. Remember, in order to give his “A Team” a proper break, Klinsmann’s Gold Cup roster in July will be completely different than the team of first-choices that will carry the World Cup qualifying effort in June.
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 35
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 5
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 6