May 2, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
There will come a day when Jack McInerney talk is not virtually dominating this blog. Promise!
There will be a time when he’s not named our Player of the Week (as last week). Or when he’s not all over our MLS Team of the Week. Or when we aren’t comparing his prodigious rate of goal scoring to the higher-profile, higher-paid under achievers of MLS scoring. Or when we aren’t building draft retrospectives around him.
But that day is not today. Young McInerney was named MLS Player of the Month for April.
“Jack Mac,” 20, had four goals in four matches during the month. Three of his goals this year have been game-winners for the Union.
By the way, along with Mike Magee, George John and Dax McCarty and others, we will be front and center in advocacy of McInerney to land on Jurgen Klinsmanns’s Gold Cup squad this summer. Remember, in order to give his “A Team” a proper break, Klinsmann’s Gold Cup roster in July will be completely different than the team of first-choices that will carry the World Cup qualifying effort in June.
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 1