May 3, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Maybe domestic soccer should be past the point where prominent display in a non-soccer, general media platform merits mention. Perhaps.
Then again, this is just kind of cool.
The Portland Timbers were just front-and-center in an episode of NBC’s Grimm, a dark crime drama with characters inspired by Grimms’ Fairy Tales. The show is set in Portland. (Thanks, by the way, to Timbers’ blog Stumptown Footy for the heads-up on this one.)
Last year the Timbers were featured even more prominently in an episode of the Independent Film Channel’s Portlandia. You can check that one out here.
Here’s the brief bit from Grimm.
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 3
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 11
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 6
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 6
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8