May 3, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Maybe domestic soccer should be past the point where prominent display in a non-soccer, general media platform merits mention. Perhaps.
Then again, this is just kind of cool.
The Portland Timbers were just front-and-center in an episode of NBC’s Grimm, a dark crime drama with characters inspired by Grimms’ Fairy Tales. The show is set in Portland. (Thanks, by the way, to Timbers’ blog Stumptown Footy for the heads-up on this one.)
Last year the Timbers were featured even more prominently in an episode of the Independent Film Channel’s Portlandia. You can check that one out here.
Here’s the brief bit from Grimm.
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 0
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 0
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 2
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0