May 3, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Maybe domestic soccer should be past the point where prominent display in a non-soccer, general media platform merits mention. Perhaps.
Then again, this is just kind of cool.
The Portland Timbers were just front-and-center in an episode of NBC’s Grimm, a dark crime drama with characters inspired by Grimms’ Fairy Tales. The show is set in Portland. (Thanks, by the way, to Timbers’ blog Stumptown Footy for the heads-up on this one.)
Last year the Timbers were featured even more prominently in an episode of the Independent Film Channel’s Portlandia. You can check that one out here.
Here’s the brief bit from Grimm.
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear