May 3, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Maybe domestic soccer should be past the point where prominent display in a non-soccer, general media platform merits mention. Perhaps.
Then again, this is just kind of cool.
The Portland Timbers were just front-and-center in an episode of NBC’s Grimm, a dark crime drama with characters inspired by Grimms’ Fairy Tales. The show is set in Portland. (Thanks, by the way, to Timbers’ blog Stumptown Footy for the heads-up on this one.)
Last year the Timbers were featured even more prominently in an episode of the Independent Film Channel’s Portlandia. You can check that one out here.
Here’s the brief bit from Grimm.
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1