May 3, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Maybe domestic soccer should be past the point where prominent display in a non-soccer, general media platform merits mention. Perhaps.
Then again, this is just kind of cool.
The Portland Timbers were just front-and-center in an episode of NBC’s Grimm, a dark crime drama with characters inspired by Grimms’ Fairy Tales. The show is set in Portland. (Thanks, by the way, to Timbers’ blog Stumptown Footy for the heads-up on this one.)
Last year the Timbers were featured even more prominently in an episode of the Independent Film Channel’s Portlandia. You can check that one out here.
Here’s the brief bit from Grimm.
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 0
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 0
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 22
- VIDEO: Lloyd seals amazing 16 minute hat trick with wonder goal from halfway 2
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0