May 3, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Behind every good transfer in global soccer is a good woman’s blessing, right?
OK, maybe not. But then again, maybe so in this case.
The Daily Mail out of England says one particular runway is clear on a potential Frank Lampard move to the LA Galaxy — a story that just cannot seam to gain final resolution. Lampard’s fiancée Christine Bleakley (pictured alongside the Chelsea midfielder), who had previously discouraged a move further away from friends and family, has now apparently provided her blessing.
And there’s this little bit of gossipy goodness in the same piece:
It is also understood the pair are currently considering properties and areas to live in the US to ensure their pending move across the Atlantic goes as smoothly as possible.”
While this hardly removes all mystery around the identity of the Galaxy’s third Designated Player, it does seem to fit with what Galaxy manager Bruce Arena said last week. Then, Arena said the Galaxy had their minds made up, hinting that ol’ ball was in someone else’s court.
We assumed the decision was up to a player, or perhaps up to the players’ representatives. Could it be that something else important was in play?
- James Rodriguez to be unveiled by Real Madrid on Tuesday, join club for U.S. tour 1
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 7
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 0
- Qatar/Russia World Cup bidding investigation delayed until September 6
- Report: Bayern Munich confirms Julian Green on first team for US trip 10