May 3, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Behind every good transfer in global soccer is a good woman’s blessing, right?
OK, maybe not. But then again, maybe so in this case.
The Daily Mail out of England says one particular runway is clear on a potential Frank Lampard move to the LA Galaxy — a story that just cannot seam to gain final resolution. Lampard’s fiancée Christine Bleakley (pictured alongside the Chelsea midfielder), who had previously discouraged a move further away from friends and family, has now apparently provided her blessing.
And there’s this little bit of gossipy goodness in the same piece:
It is also understood the pair are currently considering properties and areas to live in the US to ensure their pending move across the Atlantic goes as smoothly as possible.”
While this hardly removes all mystery around the identity of the Galaxy’s third Designated Player, it does seem to fit with what Galaxy manager Bruce Arena said last week. Then, Arena said the Galaxy had their minds made up, hinting that ol’ ball was in someone else’s court.
We assumed the decision was up to a player, or perhaps up to the players’ representatives. Could it be that something else important was in play?
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 4
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3