May 3, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
Ahead of Bayern Munich’s chance to complete a fantastic treble, rumors continue to fly as some look ahead to next season.
Dutch superstar Arjen Robben has been occasionally left in the shadows, making just 14 league appearances and 8 in the Champions League during Bayern’s incredible season.
However, Robben has stomped on rumors suggestion he could head to Turkey at Galatasaray in search of more first-team time and a chance to play alongside countryman Wesley Sneijder.
Robben told Radio Netherlands, “Simply put, I will not go to Turkey. We haven’t had any contact with clubs from that country. I want to stay here, in Munich.”
The 29-year old winger insisted he is focused on the enormous match ahead. “This year, we must win the trophy” Robben stated. “It is the third time in four years we have reached the final. That is unique, but now we have to finish it.”
Despite the limited time, Robben has amassed a great goal-to-minute ratio for his position, scoring once every 211 minutes in all competitions, and even more important for the winger, he’s picked up an assist once every 155 minutes.
Recently he’s been on fire, scoring in both the legs against Barcelona in the Champions League semifinal, and picking up at least a goal or assist in 5 of his last 7 Bundesliga appearances.
Robben’s contract expires in June of 2015.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
Reds are in the red… but Champions League soccer could solve that and increase the club’s financial footing:
Mar 10, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
After Shea apparently ‘flipped the bird’ Barnsley end his loan deal from Stoke early:
Mar 10, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
USWNT lost two straight games, winless in three for the first time in 13 years:
Mar 10, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Find out why the FA has reprimanded a Newcastle player for breaching betting rules, as some PL players continue to break rules:
Mar 10, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
See who dazzled and shone above the rest during Week 29:
Mar 10, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
Two designs left, as NYC FC let their fans pick the franchises new badge ahead of 2015 MLS entry:
Mar 10, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
PST’s lead writer and editor takes an alternative look at all the action from Week 29:
Mar 10, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
German international Kroos: “It is no secret the Premier League is a possibility”
Mar 10, 2014, 8:35 AM EDT
Newcastle’s on-loan forward interesting Arsenal, after stellar 2013-14 campaign:
Mar 10, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Could Saints’ talented academy products switch St. Mary’s for Old Trafford this summer?
Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
It likely means very little, but it’s a narrative we’ll be watching all year… and the first salvo belongs to the Western Conference.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
He’s in Barcelona. She’s from Colombia. Their kid is named Milan.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
It was a small sample size for the Premier League, but that didn’t stop some stars from shining in Round 29.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
With Levante already trailing Real Madrid 2-0, David Navarro took a red card for a harsh foul on the international star.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Aside from the Gunners, there shouldn’t be too many hurt feelings amongst the other giants of Europe.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
The Old Lady beats Fiorentina to extend lead atop Serie A, dismiss opponents’ threat to third.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Knee ailment sees Dutch midfielder out of match after 12 minutes.
Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action
Mar 9, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
The Blues are seven points clear, Fulham moves clear to the second tier, and Manchester United illuminate the depths of West Brom.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
It was Valladolid’s first win over Barcelona since October 2012, and “boosted” their record in the rivalry to 4W-5D-23L.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
That’s a photo from an actual Serie A match between Lazio and Atalanta. Wow.
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 1
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo