May 4, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
AC Milan will be sending AS Roma thank you cards after U.S. international Michael Bradley and company rained on Fiorentina’s parade as the Viola looked set to challenge Milan for third in the table, Serie A’s final Champions League spot.
Fiorentina came into the match just a point back of Milan for third, but now find themselves in the same position, with Milan a chance to go four ahead in tomorrow’s match against Torino.
Pablo Osvedo supplied the injury-time heartbreak, as the Argentinian-born Italian striker headed home a corner in the dying minutes. Osvedo was coming off a hat-trick in Roma’s 4-0 win over Siena last match.
The corner was given just after Fiorentina’s David Pizarro clanged a long-distance shot off the post, and Roma countered, winning the set piece.
The win gives Roma now a distant chance at the third spot in the table if both Milan and Fiorentina, as the Giallorossi are now 3 points behind Fiorentina and 4 back of Milan.
Bradley was efficient in the match, completing 32/34 passes (94%) and making 4 defensive contributions.
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 0
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0