May 4, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
AC Milan will be sending AS Roma thank you cards after U.S. international Michael Bradley and company rained on Fiorentina’s parade as the Viola looked set to challenge Milan for third in the table, Serie A’s final Champions League spot.
Fiorentina came into the match just a point back of Milan for third, but now find themselves in the same position, with Milan a chance to go four ahead in tomorrow’s match against Torino.
Pablo Osvedo supplied the injury-time heartbreak, as the Argentinian-born Italian striker headed home a corner in the dying minutes. Osvedo was coming off a hat-trick in Roma’s 4-0 win over Siena last match.
The corner was given just after Fiorentina’s David Pizarro clanged a long-distance shot off the post, and Roma countered, winning the set piece.
The win gives Roma now a distant chance at the third spot in the table if both Milan and Fiorentina, as the Giallorossi are now 3 points behind Fiorentina and 4 back of Milan.
Bradley was efficient in the match, completing 32/34 passes (94%) and making 4 defensive contributions.
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 10
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 2
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 6