May 4, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
Two things to note on Eddie Johnson’s goal at PPL Park on Saturday afternoon, the first goal of MLS 10th week:
First, considering all the offensive might that’s not on the field for Seattle, it’s a little ironic that Sigi Schmid’s team provided the opening strike for this round. Obafemi Martins and Steve Zakuani are injured. (Plus, defensive screener Osvaldo Alonso, who provides some good push from deep in Seattle’s midfield, is missing this one, too).
The other thing to note is that this is another real stinker from Zac MacMath, the Union’s young goalkeeper. He’s got a history of them.
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 0
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2