May 4, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
Two things to note on Eddie Johnson’s goal at PPL Park on Saturday afternoon, the first goal of MLS 10th week:
First, considering all the offensive might that’s not on the field for Seattle, it’s a little ironic that Sigi Schmid’s team provided the opening strike for this round. Obafemi Martins and Steve Zakuani are injured. (Plus, defensive screener Osvaldo Alonso, who provides some good push from deep in Seattle’s midfield, is missing this one, too).
The other thing to note is that this is another real stinker from Zac MacMath, the Union’s young goalkeeper. He’s got a history of them.
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Aston Villa: Stunning finish sees City hold on after Guzan’s blunder 2
- Back in the big time: Watford promoted to the Premier League 3
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0