May 4, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
Two things to note on Eddie Johnson’s goal at PPL Park on Saturday afternoon, the first goal of MLS 10th week:
First, considering all the offensive might that’s not on the field for Seattle, it’s a little ironic that Sigi Schmid’s team provided the opening strike for this round. Obafemi Martins and Steve Zakuani are injured. (Plus, defensive screener Osvaldo Alonso, who provides some good push from deep in Seattle’s midfield, is missing this one, too).
The other thing to note is that this is another real stinker from Zac MacMath, the Union’s young goalkeeper. He’s got a history of them.
- Nigel Pearson fired as manager by Leicester City 1
- NBC Sports to air Barclays Asia Trophy as Arsenal, Everton and Stoke head to Singapore 0
- How should USWNT line up against Germany in World Cup semifinal? 3
- Pogba to Barcelona for $90 million? Reports in Italy say deal discussed 4
- Report: Manchester United make $45 million bid for Sergio Ramos 8
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 2