May 5, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
By early this week, Kei Kamara is expected to be back in Kansas City, prepping to prowl Spoorting Park anew after finishing his loan duties at Norwich City in England.
So he’ll either be on the rampage for Peter Vermes’ team, or he’ll be earning the club a bucket of cash; there is still a chance one of the teams kicking the tires on Kamara makes club an offer it can’t possibly turn down.
Either way, that’s a “win.”
And speaking of wins, SKC started the month with a mighty one. They ran roughshod over Chivas USA in a 4-0 whuppin. So, yes, things are on the upswing once again after Vermes’ men fell in two consecutively.
The talking points here will be:
- Goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen passing Tony Meola atop the club’s all-time shutout list.
- U.S. international Matt Besler was left out of the lineup in this one. We’ll get back to you on that.
- Peterson Joseph was preferred in the midfield over Benny Feilhaber. (Feilhaber came in late for the injured Paulo Nagamura.)
- Claudio Bieler’s two goals give him six for the year, matching L.A.’s Mike Magee and Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney for league lead.
- Graham Zusi (pictured above) was The Man in this one, with a goal and an assist and in charge of the SKC attack all afternoon.
The highlights as May gets going in a big, big way for Sporting Kansas City, who are back in a first-place tie with New York and Montreal in the MLS Eastern Conference.
- Chelsea confirms two-year AC Milan loan for striker Fernando Torres 4
- US men to face Honduras in October; USWNT name roster for Mexico 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 3 0
- Premier League Preview: Burnley vs. Manchester United 1
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2