May 5, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
By early this week, Kei Kamara is expected to be back in Kansas City, prepping to prowl Spoorting Park anew after finishing his loan duties at Norwich City in England.
So he’ll either be on the rampage for Peter Vermes’ team, or he’ll be earning the club a bucket of cash; there is still a chance one of the teams kicking the tires on Kamara makes club an offer it can’t possibly turn down.
Either way, that’s a “win.”
And speaking of wins, SKC started the month with a mighty one. They ran roughshod over Chivas USA in a 4-0 whuppin. So, yes, things are on the upswing once again after Vermes’ men fell in two consecutively.
The talking points here will be:
- Goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen passing Tony Meola atop the club’s all-time shutout list.
- U.S. international Matt Besler was left out of the lineup in this one. We’ll get back to you on that.
- Peterson Joseph was preferred in the midfield over Benny Feilhaber. (Feilhaber came in late for the injured Paulo Nagamura.)
- Claudio Bieler’s two goals give him six for the year, matching L.A.’s Mike Magee and Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney for league lead.
- Graham Zusi (pictured above) was The Man in this one, with a goal and an assist and in charge of the SKC attack all afternoon.
The highlights as May gets going in a big, big way for Sporting Kansas City, who are back in a first-place tie with New York and Montreal in the MLS Eastern Conference.
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0