May 5, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
By early this week, Kei Kamara is expected to be back in Kansas City, prepping to prowl Spoorting Park anew after finishing his loan duties at Norwich City in England.
So he’ll either be on the rampage for Peter Vermes’ team, or he’ll be earning the club a bucket of cash; there is still a chance one of the teams kicking the tires on Kamara makes club an offer it can’t possibly turn down.
Either way, that’s a “win.”
And speaking of wins, SKC started the month with a mighty one. They ran roughshod over Chivas USA in a 4-0 whuppin. So, yes, things are on the upswing once again after Vermes’ men fell in two consecutively.
The talking points here will be:
- Goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen passing Tony Meola atop the club’s all-time shutout list.
- U.S. international Matt Besler was left out of the lineup in this one. We’ll get back to you on that.
- Peterson Joseph was preferred in the midfield over Benny Feilhaber. (Feilhaber came in late for the injured Paulo Nagamura.)
- Claudio Bieler’s two goals give him six for the year, matching L.A.’s Mike Magee and Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney for league lead.
- Graham Zusi (pictured above) was The Man in this one, with a goal and an assist and in charge of the SKC attack all afternoon.
The highlights as May gets going in a big, big way for Sporting Kansas City, who are back in a first-place tie with New York and Montreal in the MLS Eastern Conference.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes