May 5, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
By early this week, Kei Kamara is expected to be back in Kansas City, prepping to prowl Spoorting Park anew after finishing his loan duties at Norwich City in England.
So he’ll either be on the rampage for Peter Vermes’ team, or he’ll be earning the club a bucket of cash; there is still a chance one of the teams kicking the tires on Kamara makes club an offer it can’t possibly turn down.
Either way, that’s a “win.”
And speaking of wins, SKC started the month with a mighty one. They ran roughshod over Chivas USA in a 4-0 whuppin. So, yes, things are on the upswing once again after Vermes’ men fell in two consecutively.
The talking points here will be:
- Goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen passing Tony Meola atop the club’s all-time shutout list.
- U.S. international Matt Besler was left out of the lineup in this one. We’ll get back to you on that.
- Peterson Joseph was preferred in the midfield over Benny Feilhaber. (Feilhaber came in late for the injured Paulo Nagamura.)
- Claudio Bieler’s two goals give him six for the year, matching L.A.’s Mike Magee and Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney for league lead.
- Graham Zusi (pictured above) was The Man in this one, with a goal and an assist and in charge of the SKC attack all afternoon.
The highlights as May gets going in a big, big way for Sporting Kansas City, who are back in a first-place tie with New York and Montreal in the MLS Eastern Conference.
Aug 31, 2014, 1:37 AM EDT
A controversial penalty provided RSL’s equalizer as the teams shared points at Buck Shaw.
Aug 31, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
A second half explosion helped Caleb Porter’s team claim fifth in the Western Conference.
Aug 31, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
Not the expected sight: Jermaine Jones as the USMNT midfielder walking off the field with three points, not TFC’s Michael Bradley.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
Red Devils’ boss was happy with the opportunities his team generated at Turf Moor.
Aug 30, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
A late goal from Robert Earnshaw snaps FCD’s unbeaten run.
Aug 30, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
Igancio Piatti’s first two goals give the Impact their second win in three games.
Aug 30, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Three superb games are coming your way on Sunday. Here’s a look at what to expect from all three.
Aug 30, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Defense was Pellegrini’s biggest concern after Saturday’s 1-0 loss.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
New England’s locker room was abuzz after the team thumped Toronto FC 3-0 in its own house… even before new boy Jermaine Jones subbed on.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
HSV is close to landing the 19-year-old on a year-long loan.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
NBC Sports was on hand for a memorable day in Liverpool, when Chelsea were pressed to preserve the team’s early lead.
Aug 30, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
A disappointing performance from the Reds saw the Revolution back into the East’s top five.
Aug 30, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
Twenty-four goals across the day’s seven games made for a highlight-filled open to the Premier League’s weekend.
Aug 30, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Clint Dempsey’s second half goal pushed Seattle five clear at the top of the standings.
Aug 30, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Second half goal from Benedikt Höwedes gave Schalke a point at home.
Aug 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The young Swans manager is hoping to get “to the 40-point barrier as fast as possible” after the hot start.
Aug 30, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Both managers react to a crazy second half at Goodison Park.
Aug 30, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
All the action from a sensational Saturday of Premier League action.
Aug 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Real Madrid could be the deepest attacking side in the world right now, and they just may get deeper.
Aug 30, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
One of the greatest games in Premier League history played out at Goodison. Relive it, here.
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0
- Reports: Julian Green to be loaned from Bayern Munich to Hamburg 0
- Xabi Alonso debuts as Bayern Munich held at Schalke 0
- Premier League Saturday Roundup: Chelsea win classic; Stoke stun Man City 0
- Everton 3-6 Chelsea: Blues prevail in sensational nine-goal thriller (video) 1