May 6, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
The 28-year old made 11 appearances and 7 starts for the Canaries, replacing first-choice striker Grant Holt for a period of time. However, Kamara could only muster 1 goal during his time in England, a late equalizer against Everton after coming on as a substitute.
Sporting Club’s CEO Rob Heinmann confirmed Norwich had a buy option to make the stay permanent, but that they declined the option.
Kamara said in a statement through Twitter, “I want to thank the Norwich City organisation for everything they did for me. Not everyone gets to live their dreams, but they gave me mine. Also thank you to all the fans in the UK especially in Norwich, Norfolk for welcoming me with warm arms. Top class people/fans. Will always have a place in my heart for Norwich. #HeartShapedHands to all u guys & I wish the boys best of luck in next 2 weeks. God bless.”
KC also said they would be fielding offers for the Sierra Leone international when he returns. “There are other teams out there that have contacted the league and are interested,” said Sporting manager Peter Vermes. “So I think what will happen is that we’ll be dealing with those situations. But in the meantime, that then becomes a discussion with Kei and what he wants to do. And then the other piece of it is whether or not the offers are worthwhile for us as well. But in the meantime, he’s back playing with us, which was always the plan from the beginning.”
Kamara would be available to return for Sporting KC as soon as their home tie with the Seattle Sounders on Wednesday.
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0