May 6, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
The 28-year old made 11 appearances and 7 starts for the Canaries, replacing first-choice striker Grant Holt for a period of time. However, Kamara could only muster 1 goal during his time in England, a late equalizer against Everton after coming on as a substitute.
Sporting Club’s CEO Rob Heinmann confirmed Norwich had a buy option to make the stay permanent, but that they declined the option.
Kamara said in a statement through Twitter, “I want to thank the Norwich City organisation for everything they did for me. Not everyone gets to live their dreams, but they gave me mine. Also thank you to all the fans in the UK especially in Norwich, Norfolk for welcoming me with warm arms. Top class people/fans. Will always have a place in my heart for Norwich. #HeartShapedHands to all u guys & I wish the boys best of luck in next 2 weeks. God bless.”
KC also said they would be fielding offers for the Sierra Leone international when he returns. “There are other teams out there that have contacted the league and are interested,” said Sporting manager Peter Vermes. “So I think what will happen is that we’ll be dealing with those situations. But in the meantime, that then becomes a discussion with Kei and what he wants to do. And then the other piece of it is whether or not the offers are worthwhile for us as well. But in the meantime, he’s back playing with us, which was always the plan from the beginning.”
Kamara would be available to return for Sporting KC as soon as their home tie with the Seattle Sounders on Wednesday.
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"