May 7, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
U.S. goalkeeper Brad Guzan was recognized by the Aston Villa faithful, as both the fans and players voted him their player of the year for this past season.
The 28-year-old made 34 league starts this season, keeping 5 clean sheets and conceding 61 goals.
Brad received the Terrace Trophy for winning the fans player of the year award. Irish midfielder Stephen Ireland won the award last season.
Other awards given out by Villa included Christian Benteke winning the player-voted young player of the year award, Andreas Weimann won the supporters young player of the year award, and Matthew Lowton’s screamer against Stoke won their goal of the season award.
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 18
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 1
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 24
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0