May 7, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
U.S. goalkeeper Brad Guzan was recognized by the Aston Villa faithful, as both the fans and players voted him their player of the year for this past season.
The 28-year-old made 34 league starts this season, keeping 5 clean sheets and conceding 61 goals.
Brad received the Terrace Trophy for winning the fans player of the year award. Irish midfielder Stephen Ireland won the award last season.
Other awards given out by Villa included Christian Benteke winning the player-voted young player of the year award, Andreas Weimann won the supporters young player of the year award, and Matthew Lowton’s screamer against Stoke won their goal of the season award.
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Netherlands, Italy rescue draws; Bale, Wales go top 0
- Klinsmann’s USMNT struggles, experimentation in friendlies: Does it really matter? 2
- Klinsmann explains philosophy behind mad scientist lineups, formations for USMNT 6
- Russia wants full points from match abandoned after Akinfeev struck in head by flare (video) 0
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7