May 7, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
U.S. goalkeeper Brad Guzan was recognized by the Aston Villa faithful, as both the fans and players voted him their player of the year for this past season.
The 28-year-old made 34 league starts this season, keeping 5 clean sheets and conceding 61 goals.
Brad received the Terrace Trophy for winning the fans player of the year award. Irish midfielder Stephen Ireland won the award last season.
Other awards given out by Villa included Christian Benteke winning the player-voted young player of the year award, Andreas Weimann won the supporters young player of the year award, and Matthew Lowton’s screamer against Stoke won their goal of the season award.
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 3
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 1
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 2