May 7, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
U.S. goalkeeper Brad Guzan was recognized by the Aston Villa faithful, as both the fans and players voted him their player of the year for this past season.
The 28-year-old made 34 league starts this season, keeping 5 clean sheets and conceding 61 goals.
Brad received the Terrace Trophy for winning the fans player of the year award. Irish midfielder Stephen Ireland won the award last season.
Other awards given out by Villa included Christian Benteke winning the player-voted young player of the year award, Andreas Weimann won the supporters young player of the year award, and Matthew Lowton’s screamer against Stoke won their goal of the season award.
- FOLLOW LIVE: Arsenal, Aston Villa square off in FA Cup final 0
- Hyndman stars as U.S. U-20 team downs Myanmar 2-1 to open World Cup play 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 35
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 1