May 7, 2013, 10:34 PM EST
U.S. goalkeeper Brad Guzan was recognized by the Aston Villa faithful, as both the fans and players voted him their player of the year for this past season.
The 28-year-old made 34 league starts this season, keeping 5 clean sheets and conceding 61 goals.
Brad received the Terrace Trophy for winning the fans player of the year award. Irish midfielder Stephen Ireland won the award last season.
Other awards given out by Villa included Christian Benteke winning the player-voted young player of the year award, Andreas Weimann won the supporters young player of the year award, and Matthew Lowton’s screamer against Stoke won their goal of the season award.
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 2
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 0
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0
- VOTE – Best choice for MLS expansion: Las Vegas, Sacramento or Minneapolis? 21