May 7, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
For MLS fans across the country, Chivas USA have certainly caught your attention more than ever before this season.
And that’s down to one man: José Luis Sánchez Solá.
Better known in the soccer world as El Chelís, the 54-year-old Chivas USA head coach has been brought in to help the Goats climb up the MLS standings and compete.
The season started off swimmingly, with Chivas winning three from their first five. Harder times have followed of late, with Steve Davis asking in this very blog over the weekend if we are know seeing the “real” Chivas USA.
But one thing is for sure, their charismatic and eccentric leader isn’t afraid to speak his mind. MLS have released part 1 of the series titled “Inside the mind of El Chelis” to try and find out exactly what is going on up there.
Failing businesses turned El Chelís to soccer coaching and he hasn’t looked back since. Some real gems come out of this video below, with the Mexican coach always good for some classic quotes.
“The owner brought me in here because I’m convenient for him. And he’s convenient for me, because he pays me money. Our relationship is based on convenience, he pays me and I deliver football results.”
So sit back, watch the video below and enjoy the man who makes Chivas USA tick. And don’t worry Real Salt Lake fans, he has nothing but good things to say about you guys… “I have never seen a whole stadium singing one song when their team scored. I wanted them to score another one.”
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 4
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 2
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 2