May 7, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
For MLS fans across the country, Chivas USA have certainly caught your attention more than ever before this season.
And that’s down to one man: José Luis Sánchez Solá.
Better known in the soccer world as El Chelís, the 54-year-old Chivas USA head coach has been brought in to help the Goats climb up the MLS standings and compete.
The season started off swimmingly, with Chivas winning three from their first five. Harder times have followed of late, with Steve Davis asking in this very blog over the weekend if we are know seeing the “real” Chivas USA.
But one thing is for sure, their charismatic and eccentric leader isn’t afraid to speak his mind. MLS have released part 1 of the series titled “Inside the mind of El Chelis” to try and find out exactly what is going on up there.
Failing businesses turned El Chelís to soccer coaching and he hasn’t looked back since. Some real gems come out of this video below, with the Mexican coach always good for some classic quotes.
“The owner brought me in here because I’m convenient for him. And he’s convenient for me, because he pays me money. Our relationship is based on convenience, he pays me and I deliver football results.”
So sit back, watch the video below and enjoy the man who makes Chivas USA tick. And don’t worry Real Salt Lake fans, he has nothing but good things to say about you guys… “I have never seen a whole stadium singing one song when their team scored. I wanted them to score another one.”
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Venue Guide: Check out where the USA will play at 2014 World Cup in Brazil 4
- Premier League Power Rankings: Everton flying, Manchester United nosedive – Week 14-15 1
- Three 2014 World Cup dark horses across three continents 1
- UEFA Champions League preview: Arsenal, Chelsea look to close out groups 0
- New York City FC names Jason Kreis its first coach 5
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"