May 8, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Cristiano Ronaldo blasted his close-range free kick into the net with ease, and emphatically celebrated his 200th goal for Real Madrid in a 6-2 thumping of Malaga.
The biggest news of the goal, however, may have come in the celebration.
Ronaldo jumped up and down while pointing to the ground emphatically, and the Spanish press claim the Portugese winger yelled over and over again “yo aquí, yo aquí” which translates to “I’m here” or “I’m staying.”
Rumors have been swirling that Ronaldo will be leaving Real Madrid at the end of the season, largely because it’s almost certain Jose Mourinho will exit. Many believe he will head back to Manchester United, despite the recent retirement of his old manager at Old Trafford Sir Alex Ferguson.
Lip-reading obviously isn’t the easiest, especially when it’s in another language, but if true this could provide some insight as to where Ronaldo’s head and heart are on the subject.
Ronaldo’s 200 goals for Madrid have come in just 197 matches, at an astonishing career rate of a goal every 84 minutes. 35 of his goals for Los Blancos were scored in the Champions League in 40 appearances.
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0