May 8, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo blasted his close-range free kick into the net with ease, and emphatically celebrated his 200th goal for Real Madrid in a 6-2 thumping of Malaga.
The biggest news of the goal, however, may have come in the celebration.
Ronaldo jumped up and down while pointing to the ground emphatically, and the Spanish press claim the Portugese winger yelled over and over again “yo aquí, yo aquí” which translates to “I’m here” or “I’m staying.”
Rumors have been swirling that Ronaldo will be leaving Real Madrid at the end of the season, largely because it’s almost certain Jose Mourinho will exit. Many believe he will head back to Manchester United, despite the recent retirement of his old manager at Old Trafford Sir Alex Ferguson.
Lip-reading obviously isn’t the easiest, especially when it’s in another language, but if true this could provide some insight as to where Ronaldo’s head and heart are on the subject.
Ronaldo’s 200 goals for Madrid have come in just 197 matches, at an astonishing career rate of a goal every 84 minutes. 35 of his goals for Los Blancos were scored in the Champions League in 40 appearances.
- Luis Suarez absolutely carrying Liverpool … and where have we seen this before? 3
- Aron Johannsson scores yet again! Can he match Jozy Altidore’s record for U.S. goal scorers abroad? 2
- Premier League Roundup: Liverpool, Man City, Man United and Newcastle keep winning (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester United 3-1 West Ham: Rampant Red Devils ease to three points (video) 0
- Fulham 2-4 Manchester City: Visitors proving they can win on the road (video) 1
- Liverpool 3-1 Cardiff City: Yet another side undone by Luis Suárez (video) 0
- Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan (12)
- Is Google a player in the game of sports media rights? (12)
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) (11)
- Spurs in hunt for new boss after sacking Andre Villas-Boas (10)
- U.S. soccer extends lengthy partnership with Nike, what kits do we want to see? (8)
- Bank of Brazil to Release Special World Cup Coins
- Nightmare for Socceroos in Real Group of Death
- Hodgson's Manaus Plan is Flawed
- Wilmer Cabrera on WC Draw: ''It's an Even Group''
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy