May 8, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
We know Pep Guardiola will get on the big plane for Germany soon enough, taking all his Pep-ness and putting his rep on the line at Bayern Munich
In fact, we know today when, exactly, the architect of latter day Barcelona’s unmatched flourish of success will begin his time with the German giants. Reports are out this morning that Guardiola’s start date will be June 26.
Guardiola signed a three-year deal with Bayern in January; He has lived in New York since leaving his post at the Nou Camp last May.
We also know today that Guardiola has not left yet for Germany; we have proof thanks to New York Red Bulls midfielder Dax McCarty, who Tweeted out this picture with the Barca-turned-Bayern boss and NBA legend Larry Bird during last night’s Pacers-Knicks contest.
(OK, OK … that’s not Bird … it’s Red Bulls goalkeeper Ryan Meara, the younger doppleganger of the famous NBA man. The resemblance is uncanny, though, isn’t it?)
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 2
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2