May 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Fair to say the men of the little Dutch club are pretty darned happy about this.
Thanks for the pictures to FIFA.com, and also to U.S. national team striker Jozy Altidore himself (for the one of him on the bus with the trophy. They do make quite a handsome couple, don’t they?)
As we said in the previous Altidore-related post, this was AZ’s first Dutch Cup – technically, it’s the KNVB Beker, or the KNVB Cup – since 1982.
We’ll say it just one more time: barring something quite unlikely, this is one of the last times you will see Altidore in the AZ jersey. He’ll be gone like spring tulips by July. Enjoy the brief “slide show.”
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 7 0
- Five moments that defined Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Atlético Madrid 0
- Three things we learned from Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea 2