May 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Fair to say the men of the little Dutch club are pretty darned happy about this.
Thanks for the pictures to FIFA.com, and also to U.S. national team striker Jozy Altidore himself (for the one of him on the bus with the trophy. They do make quite a handsome couple, don’t they?)
As we said in the previous Altidore-related post, this was AZ’s first Dutch Cup – technically, it’s the KNVB Beker, or the KNVB Cup – since 1982.
We’ll say it just one more time: barring something quite unlikely, this is one of the last times you will see Altidore in the AZ jersey. He’ll be gone like spring tulips by July. Enjoy the brief “slide show.”
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0
- Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: Reigning champions roll Reds aside with ease 0
- Setting the scene at Anfield, as Liverpool host Real Madrid in UEFA Champions League 0