May 9, 2013, 9:49 AM EST
It seems everyone is chomping at the bit for Manchester United to unveil David Moyes as the new club manager, even the club itself.
Manchester United managed the gaff this morning when their official Facebook page unleashed an app (pictured) welcoming Moyes as the new manager at Old Trafford.
The club isn’t the only one a bit trigger happy as FIFA’s official Twitter account posted a tweet saying that Moyes has officially been named the new manager of the Red Devils, only to remove the post a few minutes later. A few minutes ago, the governing body did, however, note that “Everton confirm that David Moyes will be leaving the club at the end of the season.”
The leaked information claimed that Moyes had signed a five-year contract with United and will join the club at the end of the season.
When the official confirmation comes through, we’ll have you covered.
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 1
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 3
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire