May 9, 2013, 9:49 AM EST
It seems everyone is chomping at the bit for Manchester United to unveil David Moyes as the new club manager, even the club itself.
Manchester United managed the gaff this morning when their official Facebook page unleashed an app (pictured) welcoming Moyes as the new manager at Old Trafford.
The club isn’t the only one a bit trigger happy as FIFA’s official Twitter account posted a tweet saying that Moyes has officially been named the new manager of the Red Devils, only to remove the post a few minutes later. A few minutes ago, the governing body did, however, note that “Everton confirm that David Moyes will be leaving the club at the end of the season.”
The leaked information claimed that Moyes had signed a five-year contract with United and will join the club at the end of the season.
When the official confirmation comes through, we’ll have you covered.
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 15 0
- MLS Cup preview: Real Salt Lake meets Sporting Kansas City to decide Major League Soccer’s 18th championship 1
- USA’s World Cup opponents: What to expect from Germany, Portugal and Ghana 8
- World Cup 2014: Group analysis from Soccerly.com 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (38)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (22)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (19)