May 9, 2013, 9:49 AM EDT
It seems everyone is chomping at the bit for Manchester United to unveil David Moyes as the new club manager, even the club itself.
Manchester United managed the gaff this morning when their official Facebook page unleashed an app (pictured) welcoming Moyes as the new manager at Old Trafford.
The club isn’t the only one a bit trigger happy as FIFA’s official Twitter account posted a tweet saying that Moyes has officially been named the new manager of the Red Devils, only to remove the post a few minutes later. A few minutes ago, the governing body did, however, note that “Everton confirm that David Moyes will be leaving the club at the end of the season.”
The leaked information claimed that Moyes had signed a five-year contract with United and will join the club at the end of the season.
When the official confirmation comes through, we’ll have you covered.
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 33
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 8
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 6