May 9, 2013, 9:49 AM EST
It seems everyone is chomping at the bit for Manchester United to unveil David Moyes as the new club manager, even the club itself.
Manchester United managed the gaff this morning when their official Facebook page unleashed an app (pictured) welcoming Moyes as the new manager at Old Trafford.
The club isn’t the only one a bit trigger happy as FIFA’s official Twitter account posted a tweet saying that Moyes has officially been named the new manager of the Red Devils, only to remove the post a few minutes later. A few minutes ago, the governing body did, however, note that “Everton confirm that David Moyes will be leaving the club at the end of the season.”
The leaked information claimed that Moyes had signed a five-year contract with United and will join the club at the end of the season.
When the official confirmation comes through, we’ll have you covered.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 6