May 10, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
Is “Free” the best word in our language? It’s got to be Top Five, at very least, right?
MLS Live, the league’s online streaming service for most matches, is free this weekend. The sign-up is here.
Seven of nine matches will be free (there’s that word again!) for viewing. The best of the lot (most on Saturday, except where noted) ….
- Real Salt Lake visits one of the surprise teams, Montreal, so well-organized under first-year manager Marco Schallibaum.
- San Jose, home to 2012 Golden Boot winner Chris Wondolowski, visits Nigel Reo-Coker and Vancouver. Wondolowski has found his scoring shoes recently.
- New York and its starry roster makes the short trip north to face New England; Thierry Henry’s status for this one looks iffy, however. If he gets on the field, perhaps he’ll do this again.
- D.C. United, reeling mightily from a six-game losing streak but still a high-profile outfit in MLS, travels to Texas to take on the league’s current points leader, FC Dallas.
- On Sunday, U.S. international Graham Zusi and Sporting Kansas City goes into BBVA Compass Stadium, where the Houston Dynamo are yet to lose over a season and change inside their downtown home.
By the way, Philadelphia, always so interesting to watch because of sensational young talent like Jack McInerney and center back Amobi Okugo, visits Chicago on Saturday. That one is also “free” … so long as you have NBC Sports Network.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
The Manchester City manager wouldn’t be drawn into questions about his future at the club.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
Spurs bracketed halftime with a pair of goals and they stood tall to Newcastle’s spotty threat.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Villa will play Arsenal in the FA Cup final after beating Liverpool against all the odds.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:39 AM EDT
Mourinho plays up defensive masterclass. But how did he quell United’s attackers?
Apr 19, 2015, 10:44 AM EDT
Spurs search for a European place as they take on struggling Newcastle from St. James’ Park.
Apr 19, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
The home side produced enough moments at the Etihad to see off a timid West Ham side.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
With his goal of an Eredivisie title secure, Memphis Depay will be a popular transfer target this coming summer.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
The West Ham defender flubbed an easy clearance and sent the ball into his own net as Manchester City have dominated West Ham in the first half.
Apr 19, 2015, 8:16 AM EDT
Thomas Tuchel will follow in Jurgen Klopp’s footsteps for the second time when he takes over at Borussia Dortmund this summer.
Apr 19, 2015, 7:52 AM EDT
A pair of slipping sides meet at the Etihad in a rematch of last seasons title-clinching win for Manchester City.
Apr 19, 2015, 7:31 AM EDT
It’s that time of year, where big clubs look to the bench to replace important players in big games.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:14 AM EDT
Keeping tabs on all the action from Week 7 of the 2015 MLS season.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 AM EDT
Late, late, late drama as the StubHub Center.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:39 PM EDT
Two red cards for RSL, a late goal for Vancouver and the Whitecaps just keep winning.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Do the top teams have a responsibility to entertain, or should they look to win at all costs, no matter how boring it may be?
Apr 18, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
Crew SC are going to be a really, really scary team once they get going. They picked up a great deal of steam on Saturday night.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Not the ideal time for a pair of key players to go down in the same game, four days before a CL quarterfinal second leg.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:58 PM EDT
New week, same story, new teams on top, same old excitement — the Championship is truly amazing this year.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
It was an historic day for Messi, as Barca inch closer to the league tile. Elsewhere, Juve remind everyone Serie A is all theirs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
A pair of Premier League matches are ready for your Sunday viewing pleasure, and take note that one features a different broadcast channel.
- Aston Villa 2-1 Liverpool: Gerrard denied fairytale ending as Villa stun Reds, reach FA Cup final 2
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea had Manchester United’s stars “in our pockets.” Is he right? 0
- Manchester City 2-0 West Ham: Two first half goals put down poor Hammers 0
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0