May 10, 2013, 10:46 AM EST
Is “Free” the best word in our language? It’s got to be Top Five, at very least, right?
MLS Live, the league’s online streaming service for most matches, is free this weekend. The sign-up is here.
Seven of nine matches will be free (there’s that word again!) for viewing. The best of the lot (most on Saturday, except where noted) ….
- Real Salt Lake visits one of the surprise teams, Montreal, so well-organized under first-year manager Marco Schallibaum.
- San Jose, home to 2012 Golden Boot winner Chris Wondolowski, visits Nigel Reo-Coker and Vancouver. Wondolowski has found his scoring shoes recently.
- New York and its starry roster makes the short trip north to face New England; Thierry Henry’s status for this one looks iffy, however. If he gets on the field, perhaps he’ll do this again.
- D.C. United, reeling mightily from a six-game losing streak but still a high-profile outfit in MLS, travels to Texas to take on the league’s current points leader, FC Dallas.
- On Sunday, U.S. international Graham Zusi and Sporting Kansas City goes into BBVA Compass Stadium, where the Houston Dynamo are yet to lose over a season and change inside their downtown home.
By the way, Philadelphia, always so interesting to watch because of sensational young talent like Jack McInerney and center back Amobi Okugo, visits Chicago on Saturday. That one is also “free” … so long as you have NBC Sports Network.
Jan 27, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
The Socceroos reached the AFC final for just the second-time in their history.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:20 PM EST
Yedlin flies halfway around the world to link up with USMNT after joining Tottenham in January.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:40 PM EST
Brazilian skipper aims to help Brazil win elusive Olympic gold medal on home soil.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:57 PM EST
Spaniard set to miss at least six months after rupturing anterior cruciate ligament.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:19 PM EST
Monster trade sees cash, players and allocation order’s dished out as USMNT midfielder could be heading home.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
Wembley final on the line: Premier League giants clash at the Bridge while Spurs head to third-tier Blades.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Are the Citizens heading to the Big Apple?
Jan 27, 2015, 9:20 AM EST
Madrid say they have “responded diligently” to requests from world soccer’s governing body.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
As Sterling continues to stall on a new deal, will Chelsea tempt the youngster with a move back to London?
Jan 27, 2015, 7:36 AM EST
Casillas declares his intention to play in the USA one day. When will that be?
Jan 26, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
Hope Solo’s punishment for repeated alcohol-related incidents could extend much further than her initial 30-day suspension.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:22 PM EST
3-4 months on the sidelines means a massive hole to fill to start the 2015 season.
Jan 26, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
After two more places in the knockout rounds were booked on Tuesday, half the quarterfinal matchups are set.
Jan 26, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
Half the current USMNT roster was built with the Gold Cup in mind, while the other half is about next year’s Olympics. So, who’s who, then?
Jan 26, 2015, 4:05 PM EST
After eight months without a club, Juan Agudelo is reportedly returning to the place he should have been all along: MLS.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:59 PM EST
As the soccer world will no longer see the maverick skills of the Argentine playmaker, here’s a look at some of his best moments.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:38 PM EST
Here’s the draw for the last 16 of the FA Cup, as PL big boys get more tough tests.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:57 PM EST
Van Praag announces his intentions to run against Blatter, says he has the backing of five federations.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Betting on five underdogs away from home in the FA Cup will win you serious cash.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:32 PM EST
Fagundez explains why he couldn’t wait any longer to select his national team.
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 3
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 1
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 3