May 10, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
Is “Free” the best word in our language? It’s got to be Top Five, at very least, right?
MLS Live, the league’s online streaming service for most matches, is free this weekend. The sign-up is here.
Seven of nine matches will be free (there’s that word again!) for viewing. The best of the lot (most on Saturday, except where noted) ….
- Real Salt Lake visits one of the surprise teams, Montreal, so well-organized under first-year manager Marco Schallibaum.
- San Jose, home to 2012 Golden Boot winner Chris Wondolowski, visits Nigel Reo-Coker and Vancouver. Wondolowski has found his scoring shoes recently.
- New York and its starry roster makes the short trip north to face New England; Thierry Henry’s status for this one looks iffy, however. If he gets on the field, perhaps he’ll do this again.
- D.C. United, reeling mightily from a six-game losing streak but still a high-profile outfit in MLS, travels to Texas to take on the league’s current points leader, FC Dallas.
- On Sunday, U.S. international Graham Zusi and Sporting Kansas City goes into BBVA Compass Stadium, where the Houston Dynamo are yet to lose over a season and change inside their downtown home.
By the way, Philadelphia, always so interesting to watch because of sensational young talent like Jack McInerney and center back Amobi Okugo, visits Chicago on Saturday. That one is also “free” … so long as you have NBC Sports Network.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
“I’ve got 30 and 34-year-olds in my locker room in tears because we feel it’s been unfairly taken away from us,” said coach Carl Robinson.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
And it’s claimed that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will sign a veteran back from Juventus, bucking his trends of signing attackers and youth.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:19 AM EDT
PSS Sleman and PSIS Semarang have been disqualified from their country’s playoffs after conceding five own goals in their their match.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:44 AM EDT
Michel converted the penalty past David Ousted, and FC Dallas hung on for the win in an otherwise fast-paced, fun game in Texas.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Carlos Vela is set to return to the Mexican National Team making them a much more dangerous side.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Nothing like a behind-the-scenes World Cup doc to pique the interest.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Vincent Tan. Coming to a MLS club near you!
Oct 29, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Steve Zakuani. A supremely talented player, forced to call it quits way too early.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Franck Ribery is short but probably not the kind of guy you want to mess with.
Oct 29, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
A late equalizer from Mario Balotelli helps spur the rally that sees Liverpool into the League Cup quarter-finals.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
Add another Arsenal attacker to the roster.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Beware, Premier League footballers. The FA is all over Twitter.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Raul signs with the Cosmos, will head up the youth program upon retirement.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
Mandzukic makes a meal of it and the Royal Spanish Football Federation eats it up.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
In the lead up to the Manchester Derby, Aleksander Kolorov believes City have overtaken United as kings of Manchester.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
Garry Monk really, really doesn’t like officials.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
The former Everton and Manchester United boss has been linked with a possible move to Real Sociedad.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
The Nigerian Football Federation faces a seven-month ban if they do not comply with FIFA’s demands.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
The left-back on loan from Chelsea says it makes sense to stay at St. Mary’s.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
It’s all on the line as the knockout round of the MLS Playoffs kicks off tonight.
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 0
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 1
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0
- Report: Spanish legend Raul signs with the New York Cosmos 0
- Kolorov: City have been better than United for ‘five or six years’ 0
- MLS Playoffs Knockout Round Preview: Win or go home 1