May 10, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
Is “Free” the best word in our language? It’s got to be Top Five, at very least, right?
MLS Live, the league’s online streaming service for most matches, is free this weekend. The sign-up is here.
Seven of nine matches will be free (there’s that word again!) for viewing. The best of the lot (most on Saturday, except where noted) ….
- Real Salt Lake visits one of the surprise teams, Montreal, so well-organized under first-year manager Marco Schallibaum.
- San Jose, home to 2012 Golden Boot winner Chris Wondolowski, visits Nigel Reo-Coker and Vancouver. Wondolowski has found his scoring shoes recently.
- New York and its starry roster makes the short trip north to face New England; Thierry Henry’s status for this one looks iffy, however. If he gets on the field, perhaps he’ll do this again.
- D.C. United, reeling mightily from a six-game losing streak but still a high-profile outfit in MLS, travels to Texas to take on the league’s current points leader, FC Dallas.
- On Sunday, U.S. international Graham Zusi and Sporting Kansas City goes into BBVA Compass Stadium, where the Houston Dynamo are yet to lose over a season and change inside their downtown home.
By the way, Philadelphia, always so interesting to watch because of sensational young talent like Jack McInerney and center back Amobi Okugo, visits Chicago on Saturday. That one is also “free” … so long as you have NBC Sports Network.
May 24, 2015, 1:04 PM EDT
The Liverpool manager knows he could have hurt his position today with a 6-1 thumping at the hands of Stoke City on the season’s final day.
May 24, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
The Blues hoist the trophy in front of their own fans in west London.
May 24, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Hull spent on Abel Hernandez and others in a relatively splashy summer, but still sink into the second tier.
May 24, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
A resilient John Carver, buoyed by Newcastle United avoiding the drop, has reiterated his desire to lead the Premier League club.
May 24, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Clarets sign off with a win as Villa go into FA Cup final on the back of two-straight defeats.
May 24, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
West Ham released a statement on Allardyce’s removal seconds after Sunday’s final whistle.
May 24, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
Saints must wait for Europa League spot, as Lampard signs off in style.
May 24, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Tigers relegated after throwing everything at United.
May 24, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Kane nodded home an Eric Dier cross to give Spurs a lead, and Tottenham controlled possession for most of the match in holding on for all three points.
May 24, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Marouane Chamakh netted the only goal of a relatively friendly match before injuring himself shortly after.
May 24, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
Brand new England call-up Jamie Vardy scored in the 16th minute and fellow Foxes Marc Albrighton, Leonardo Ulloa and Esteban Cambiasso also scored in a 4-1 win.
May 24, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
A perfect day for Theo Walcott in his return to the starting lineup saw the Gunners confirm their third place finish.
May 24, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Potters batter Liverpool as Gerrard’s final game ends on a sour note.
May 24, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
West Ham finishes 12th with 47 points, a far cry from their lofty early season pace. In an odd twist of fate, Newcastle finishes above its rivals at Sunderland.
May 24, 2015, 11:52 AM EDT
The Premier League champions finished off their last three points of the season at Stamford Bridge.
May 24, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
Didier Drogba made his 381st and final Chelsea appearance, and the players honored him as he came off a half-hour in.
May 24, 2015, 11:16 AM EDT
PL legend signs off in style with a goal in his final game in England’s top-flight.
May 24, 2015, 11:14 AM EDT
It was a trio for Theo, as Arsenal’s speedy Englishman helped the Gunners to a big halftime lead over West Bromwich Albion.
May 24, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
Arsenal has a big lead in its season finale, and this goal is a big reason why.
May 24, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Storylines are abound as all 10 games have reached halftime.
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0
- VIDEO: Theo Walcott’s first-half hat trick will live in Boaz Myhill’s dreams 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron inks new three-year contract at Stoke City 2