May 10, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
Is “Free” the best word in our language? It’s got to be Top Five, at very least, right?
MLS Live, the league’s online streaming service for most matches, is free this weekend. The sign-up is here.
Seven of nine matches will be free (there’s that word again!) for viewing. The best of the lot (most on Saturday, except where noted) ….
- Real Salt Lake visits one of the surprise teams, Montreal, so well-organized under first-year manager Marco Schallibaum.
- San Jose, home to 2012 Golden Boot winner Chris Wondolowski, visits Nigel Reo-Coker and Vancouver. Wondolowski has found his scoring shoes recently.
- New York and its starry roster makes the short trip north to face New England; Thierry Henry’s status for this one looks iffy, however. If he gets on the field, perhaps he’ll do this again.
- D.C. United, reeling mightily from a six-game losing streak but still a high-profile outfit in MLS, travels to Texas to take on the league’s current points leader, FC Dallas.
- On Sunday, U.S. international Graham Zusi and Sporting Kansas City goes into BBVA Compass Stadium, where the Houston Dynamo are yet to lose over a season and change inside their downtown home.
By the way, Philadelphia, always so interesting to watch because of sensational young talent like Jack McInerney and center back Amobi Okugo, visits Chicago on Saturday. That one is also “free” … so long as you have NBC Sports Network.
Apr 16, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
Which Liverpool player picked up the Player of the Week accolade?
Apr 16, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Both sides look to cash in on matches in hand at the Etihad.
Apr 16, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
Can Tim Howard and the Toffees win their eighth-straight game? Watch live online, right here:
Apr 16, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Having MLS teams share their home with NFL sides could be a smart move ahead of the next wave of expansion:
Apr 16, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Find out who made the PL Team of the Week, right here:
Apr 16, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Two PL matches take place on Wednesday, with both set to impact the top and bottom of the standings:
Apr 16, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
Are you ready to get ‘Duff-ed?’
Apr 16, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Watch all 10 PL games across 10 different channels on final day of the season. All the details, right here:
Apr 16, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
PlayStation, mafia-style fights, Gattuso and not feeling pressure… welcome to the extremely cool world of Pirlo:
Apr 16, 2014, 10:16 AM EDT
Ahead of their cup final with Real Madrid, here’s why Barca must prevail:
Apr 16, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
MLS heading to the Twin Cities?
Apr 16, 2014, 7:58 AM EDT
Kroos’ camp say he won’t move on until 2015, as Bayern and United scrap over German star.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:15 AM EDT
The top 10 best paid sports teams in the world revealed. Find out who pays the most, right here:
Apr 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Mexico’s top two teams reach halftime of their two-legged final, with leg two kickoff next Wednesday in Toluca.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
The top four remain unchanged, while Houston, New England, and Portland make big shifts on this week’s chart.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
Thoughts from NBCSN’s analysts as will as footage from Rodgers’, Martínez’s speeches at Anfield.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
Three LA Galaxy players join two members of the Columbus Crew in our Best XI.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
Gunners go back into the top four, but can they hold off Everton?
Apr 15, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Four soccer players rank amount the world’s top 25 earners.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
Columbus’s Costa Rican international is the latest player to donate to MLS Works.
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 4
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0
- NBC to air all 10 Premier League games on final day in “Championship Sunday” extravaganza 4
- Minnesota Vikings “stepping up” bid for MLS franchise 9
- Manchester City the best paid team in sport, beat New York Yankees to accolade 4
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 6 1