May 13, 2013, 12:08 PM EST
Paris Saint-Germain, the latest and perhaps final career stop for global icon David Beckham, still has two matches and a bit of a sticky situation to sort out with the authorities.
But it seems likely that Beckham will claim a league crown in a fourth country, yet another feather in a cap already adorned with so many of them.
PSG “clinched” the title in France’s Ligue 1 with a 1-0 win over Lyon, pulling the side seven points clear of the nearest pursuer with two matches to play. The issue to sort is tied into allegations of misconduct toward a referee by sporting director Leonardo and a possible point deduction that would leave the men of Parc des Princes with a little more work to do.
For now, we’ll just stick with what we know, which is that Beckham and PSG are in the driver’s seat. That would give Beckham a league title to go with those won in England, Spain and the United States. (He claimed two MLS Cup titles with the Galaxy, in his last two years in the States.)
Beckham would become the first Englishman to claim league medals in four countries, according to reports from his homeland.
Meanwhile, the questions of Beckham’s future persist. (Haven’t we played this record before? Like, for about 10 years, since he left Manchester United for Real Madrid?)
This piece says PSG and Leonardo are pressing hard to sign the 38-year-old midfielder for yet another season in Paris. Said Leonardo:
We want to continue with him, but it’s up to him to decide. The club has been changing from a normal club to a top club, and Beckham gives you some kind of confidence.”
Mar 8, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
Big wins for Man United, Chelsea and Cardiff on a stellar Saturday of PL action:
Mar 8, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Sporting’s title defense begins at CenturyLink Field, with MLS’s first game of the 2014 season available on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Goals from Eto’o, Hazard and Ba with two hands Chelsea crucial win, as title race intensifies:
Mar 8, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Barca could find themselves in third place by the end of the weekend, after losing 1-0 to Valladolid.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
American forward Johannsson does it again, scores beauty to put AZ ahead:
Mar 8, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
The Fulham manager is convinced that his side can avoid the drop. But is that sort of optimism misplaced?
Mar 8, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
Other sides fighting the drop will be thrilled that Stoke and Norwich split the points available at Carrow Road.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
Massive London derby at the Bridge, can Chelsea extend their lead at the top? Watch live, here:
Mar 8, 2014, 12:04 PM EST
Fulham remain dead last in the league after losing to fellow strugglers Cardiff – who themselves aren’t yet out of the woods.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Saints seal hard-fought win, as Eagles continue to battle at the wrong end of the table:
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Moyes’ offense clicks as United turn on the style against the Baggies:
Mar 8, 2014, 9:42 AM EST
West Brom are in real danger of being relegated after losing to Manchester United at the Hawthorns.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:38 AM EST
Gunners seals FA Cup semi spot for first time since 2009:
Mar 8, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Both Cardiff and Fulham are in desperate need of all three points – but will either manage to claim victory?
Mar 8, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
Is it a relegation dogfight or simple pursuit of safety? Check out Norwich – Stoke and decide for yourself.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Can the Eagles seal a big win to climb clear of the bottom three? Will Saints get back on track? Watch live, here:
Mar 8, 2014, 7:53 AM EST
Since his appointment as Tottenham manager, Tim Sherwood has elevated the side from seventh into fifth. But how much praise does he truly deserve?
Mar 8, 2014, 7:12 AM EST
Find out how to watch every single PL game live online of via the app:
Mar 8, 2014, 7:03 AM EST
West Brom are becoming masters of the late draw. Will they be able to catch United unawares?
Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
Tony Fernandes is in hot water following his massive spending in attempts to keep QPR in the Premier League.
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- 2014 MLS Season: Hoping & Fearing with Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keep Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Smash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record