May 14, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
(Nos. 1-10 are on deck …so check back)
18. Toronto FC – Team president Kevin Payne says DP reinforcements are on the way, set for this summer. It can’t be soon enough.
17. Chicago Fire – What’s worse, just 1 of a possible 12 points so far on the road? Or just 6 of a possible 15 points at home? Hmmm.
16. Chivas USA – Goals just before halftime are killing the Goats; another one dented the visitors’ chances in Portland last week, one that eventually got away from Chivas and finished 3-0. The Chivas attack right now looks completely lost, devoid of any direction.
15. New England Revolution – New England’s pair of home games last week were both against quality opposition (New York and Real Salt Lake). Still, emerging with just one points from a possible six at Gillette Stadium represents shallow return. Oh, speaking of Gillette, the club’s untenable stadium situation remains a case of “same mess, different day.”
14. Columbus – Eddie Gaven (pictued above) said it best: “The mood here is not very high right now, getting shutout our last two home games. It’s not what we wanted. It’s that last pass and last shot that just wasn’t there. It wasn’t clean when we got to the last third of the field.”
13. Vancouver Whitecaps – The Whitecaps’ 3-1 win over the LA Galaxy was the first victory for Martin Rennie’s team since March 9. Next up is a Cascadia Cup biggie; Portland comes into BC Place Saturday.
12. San Jose Earthquakes – Let’s look at the schedule and see which unlucky team comes into Northern California after Frank Yallop’s proud bunch – who can also be a very, very physical bunch – got on the business end of a 4-0 throttling … Oh! Congratulations, Colorado. The teams meet Saturday at Buck Shaw.
11. Philadelphia Union – Young striker Jack McInerney remains ahead of the field in the Golden Boot chase, now with seven goals after managing yet another game-winner in the Union’s big 1-0 win at Chicago. By the way, John Hackworth’s team is a dandy 3-2-1 on the road. Every team will take that.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:14 AM EDT
Keeping tabs on all the action from Week 7 of the 2015 MLS season.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 AM EDT
Late, late, late drama as the StubHub Center.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:39 PM EDT
Two red cards for RSL, a late goal for Vancouver and the Whitecaps just keep winning.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Do the top teams have a responsibility to entertain, or should they look to win at all costs, no matter how boring it may be?
Apr 18, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
Crew SC are going to be a really, really scary team once they get going. They picked up a great deal of steam on Saturday night.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Not the ideal time for a pair of key players to go down in the same game, four days before a CL quarterfinal second leg.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:58 PM EDT
New week, same story, new teams on top, same old excitement — the Championship is truly amazing this year.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
It was an historic day for Messi, as Barca inch closer to the league tile. Elsewhere, Juve remind everyone Serie A is all theirs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
A pair of Premier League matches are ready for your Sunday viewing pleasure, and take note that one features a different broadcast channel.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Here’s what happened in Saturday’s five matches.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
Seventy-seven percent of this weekend’s Bundesliga results are in the books, and Germany is still waiting for its first upset.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney felt his team did enough to top Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, but the score line says otherwise.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Van Gaal: “We played the best match of the season but in football you can lose.”
Apr 18, 2015, 2:36 PM EDT
Here’s what we learned from Chelsea’s narrow win over United.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
United stays third, one point behind second-place Arsenal.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
Arsenal had 71 percent possession as late as the 80th minute, but the score remained deadlocked at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
Have Saints’ faint top four hopes been all but ended?
Apr 18, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Hear what the Foxes’ boss had to say about Leicester’s big win.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
Potters stage second half comeback to stun Saints.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Palace’s table charge is momentarily halted, as Alan Pardew’s boys sit 11th with 42 points.
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 0
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 0-1 Vancouver Whitecaps 0
- MLS Snapshot: Columbus Crew SC 3-0 Orlando City SC 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Can Spurs, Man City find hope versus Newcastle, West Ham? 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea closer to title; Leicester climb off the bottom 0