May 15, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
This morning Queens Park Rangers forward Loic Remy has been arrested on suspicion of rape.
It has been revealed that the 26-year-old Frenchman is being held, along with two other men, by Scotland Yard after allegations that a 34-year-old woman was raped on May 6.
A spokesman from the Metropolitan Police said: “Three men, aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape.”
Remy joined QPR from French powerhouse Marseille in January for $12 million. However despite his good form this season, his six goals in 13 games wasn’t enough to keep the West London club in the EPL.
A QPR spokesman said the club was “aware of the allegations” but couldn’t comment further with the police investigation still ongoing.
The rape allegations surrounding Remy are, unfortunately, not the first to be aimed at Premier League stars.
These allegations cap what has been a dismal season for the Loftus Road club. As QPR head into the Championship next season, with the future of their top goalscorer in jeopardy.
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 3
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 1
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 2
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 4
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 9