May 15, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
This morning Queens Park Rangers forward Loic Remy has been arrested on suspicion of rape.
It has been revealed that the 26-year-old Frenchman is being held, along with two other men, by Scotland Yard after allegations that a 34-year-old woman was raped on May 6.
A spokesman from the Metropolitan Police said: “Three men, aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape.”
Remy joined QPR from French powerhouse Marseille in January for $12 million. However despite his good form this season, his six goals in 13 games wasn’t enough to keep the West London club in the EPL.
A QPR spokesman said the club was “aware of the allegations” but couldn’t comment further with the police investigation still ongoing.
The rape allegations surrounding Remy are, unfortunately, not the first to be aimed at Premier League stars.
These allegations cap what has been a dismal season for the Loftus Road club. As QPR head into the Championship next season, with the future of their top goalscorer in jeopardy.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1