May 15, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
This morning Queens Park Rangers forward Loic Remy has been arrested on suspicion of rape.
It has been revealed that the 26-year-old Frenchman is being held, along with two other men, by Scotland Yard after allegations that a 34-year-old woman was raped on May 6.
A spokesman from the Metropolitan Police said: “Three men, aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape.”
Remy joined QPR from French powerhouse Marseille in January for $12 million. However despite his good form this season, his six goals in 13 games wasn’t enough to keep the West London club in the EPL.
A QPR spokesman said the club was “aware of the allegations” but couldn’t comment further with the police investigation still ongoing.
The rape allegations surrounding Remy are, unfortunately, not the first to be aimed at Premier League stars.
These allegations cap what has been a dismal season for the Loftus Road club. As QPR head into the Championship next season, with the future of their top goalscorer in jeopardy.
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 0
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 5
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 2
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 2
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2
- VIDEO: Watch Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale dominate NBA’s half court challenge 0