May 17, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
Oh dear, oh dear.
Stoke City striker Kenywne Jones is not a happy bunny at all. And who would be after this.
Surely this is one of the most bizarre incidents to occur in the Stoke City locker room…scratch that, any locker room, this season, as the Trinidad and Tobago striker reportedly opened up his locker to find a severed pig’s head staring back at him.
The towering striker wasn’t happy and duly smashed the windscreen of midfielder Glenn Whelan’s car with a brick.
The club have launched an investigation.
What does USMNT star Brek Shea have to do with all this I hear you ask… Well, Mr. Shea sent out a picture on Instagram, holding the pig’s head in front of his face with the caption, “Locker room banter gone wild!!! #SAW”
(Warning: If you click on the link, Shea’s picture contains graphic images that may be offensive.)
Gone wild indeed. Jones certainly wasn’t happy with what he saw. And his girlfriend sent out the following message via Twitter.
Shea is now at the center of an investigation into the silly going’s on this week, with Michael Owen already having his car trashed amongst other things, with Stoke’s players clearly taking the “pranks” too far.
Could we see Shea heading out of the Britannia Stadium in the next few months after this prank went horribly wrong? Probably not. Manager Tony Pulis is actually planning to use Shea this weekend in the final game of the season vs. Southampton.
But I’m not sure his part in this prank did the USMNT winger any favors, after he’s already failed to cement a place in the Stoke City lineup since his mid-season move from FC Dallas.
Simple message kids: think before you prank.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1