May 18, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
What a show Columbus Crew playmaker Federico Higuain put on Saturday, guiding his team to yet more road success in a 1-0 win at Toronto.
Higuain created the game’s only goal and was masterful in possession at BMO Field, helping the visitors manage their 1-0 lead with an assured posture.
Robert Warcycha’s team is now 3-2-1 on the road, one of just four teams in MLS with winning records away from home. (Where might the Crew be in the standings if the men in yellow could be better at Crew Stadium, where they are curiously collected just five of a possible 15 points.)
Ryan Nelsen’s TFC have now lost four in a row.
While Toronto created just a couple of chances, the best of them in the first half, it was Higuain who stole the show. The Argentine playmaker hit the post and the crossbar before intermission; his dipping volley from more than 25 crashed off the crossbar in what would have been a truly gorgeous goal.
It was Higuain’s perfectly placed ball that put Domini Oduro through for the eventual game-winner.
Full highlights of Columbus’ 1-0 win:
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3