May 18, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
What a show Columbus Crew playmaker Federico Higuain put on Saturday, guiding his team to yet more road success in a 1-0 win at Toronto.
Higuain created the game’s only goal and was masterful in possession at BMO Field, helping the visitors manage their 1-0 lead with an assured posture.
Robert Warcycha’s team is now 3-2-1 on the road, one of just four teams in MLS with winning records away from home. (Where might the Crew be in the standings if the men in yellow could be better at Crew Stadium, where they are curiously collected just five of a possible 15 points.)
Ryan Nelsen’s TFC have now lost four in a row.
While Toronto created just a couple of chances, the best of them in the first half, it was Higuain who stole the show. The Argentine playmaker hit the post and the crossbar before intermission; his dipping volley from more than 25 crashed off the crossbar in what would have been a truly gorgeous goal.
It was Higuain’s perfectly placed ball that put Domini Oduro through for the eventual game-winner.
Full highlights of Columbus’ 1-0 win:
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 1
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1