May 20, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Odds on current U.S. Men’s National Team boss Jurgen Klinsmann to become Everton’s next permanent manager have dropped to just around 9/2 at many large bookmakers in the UK. His odds were up around the 60′s-1 just 3 days ago.
This doesn’t necessarily mean any serious movement has taken place, but what it does mean is large sums of money are being put down on the German to become the next Blues boss.
Paddy Power, a large bookmaker in Ireland, tweeted that they’d seen significant movement on Klinsmann bet submissions.
Also, out of the “probably doesn’t mean anything but sounds nice for conspiracy theorists” category, Klinsmann’s official Twitter account has just started following Everton’s official Twitter account. That adds Everton to Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur as the three Premier League club accounts he follows.
Before signing on to the U.S. side, Klinsmann led the German national side to a hugely successful third-place finish in the 2006 World Cup, and also brought Bayern Munich to the quarter-final of the Champions League during his 1-year stint there. Klinsmann was also in secret negotiations with Liverpool during Rafa Benitez’s stint at Anfield in 2008 before they eventually decided to stick with Benitez.
Other possible candidates with low odds for the position are current Wigan boss Roberto Martinez, former Everton defender and current England B coach Alan Stubbs, and current out-of-contract Everton captain Phil Neville, whom David Moyes recently tipped to have a successful coaching career.
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 29 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 6
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keeps Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Clash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record
- Captain America to Visit Chivas USA
- Lockout Virus Continues, MLS to Start 2014 with Replacement Refs
- Revs To Rely on Intensity, Depth in Opener vs. Dynamo
- Three Keys & One Standout for Toronto FC
- The John Strong Interview. Part 1 - MLS 2014
- Gonzalo Pineda: ''Playing Outside of Mexico Has Always Been a Goal''