May 20, 2013, 10:18 AM EDT
Vancouver Whitecaps fans surely expected more from Kenny Miller when he made a high-profile leap across the Atlantic into the Pacific Northwest. Four goals going into the meat of his second year in MLS?
Yes, safe to say more was expected – even if there were plenty of voices warning about Scottish strikers and inflated expectations, mostly due to inflated numbers built while playing in the lopsided structure of Scotland’s top division.
So, they probably aren’t going to mind much if this happens.
The report out of Scotland says the former Rangers striker is close to a return to the Ibrox, which would mark his third run at the fabled Scottish club.
It says Miller, 33, is on the summer shopping list of manager Ally McCoist. The deal could be completed as early as Thursday, according to the report.
Miller’s salary, $1.1 million on the books, makes him the team’s highest paid man.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2