May 20, 2013, 10:18 AM EDT
Vancouver Whitecaps fans surely expected more from Kenny Miller when he made a high-profile leap across the Atlantic into the Pacific Northwest. Four goals going into the meat of his second year in MLS?
Yes, safe to say more was expected – even if there were plenty of voices warning about Scottish strikers and inflated expectations, mostly due to inflated numbers built while playing in the lopsided structure of Scotland’s top division.
So, they probably aren’t going to mind much if this happens.
The report out of Scotland says the former Rangers striker is close to a return to the Ibrox, which would mark his third run at the fabled Scottish club.
It says Miller, 33, is on the summer shopping list of manager Ally McCoist. The deal could be completed as early as Thursday, according to the report.
Miller’s salary, $1.1 million on the books, makes him the team’s highest paid man.
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 35
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 5
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 6