May 20, 2013, 10:18 AM EDT
Vancouver Whitecaps fans surely expected more from Kenny Miller when he made a high-profile leap across the Atlantic into the Pacific Northwest. Four goals going into the meat of his second year in MLS?
Yes, safe to say more was expected – even if there were plenty of voices warning about Scottish strikers and inflated expectations, mostly due to inflated numbers built while playing in the lopsided structure of Scotland’s top division.
So, they probably aren’t going to mind much if this happens.
The report out of Scotland says the former Rangers striker is close to a return to the Ibrox, which would mark his third run at the fabled Scottish club.
It says Miller, 33, is on the summer shopping list of manager Ally McCoist. The deal could be completed as early as Thursday, according to the report.
Miller’s salary, $1.1 million on the books, makes him the team’s highest paid man.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0