May 20, 2013, 10:18 AM EST
Vancouver Whitecaps fans surely expected more from Kenny Miller when he made a high-profile leap across the Atlantic into the Pacific Northwest. Four goals going into the meat of his second year in MLS?
Yes, safe to say more was expected – even if there were plenty of voices warning about Scottish strikers and inflated expectations, mostly due to inflated numbers built while playing in the lopsided structure of Scotland’s top division.
So, they probably aren’t going to mind much if this happens.
The report out of Scotland says the former Rangers striker is close to a return to the Ibrox, which would mark his third run at the fabled Scottish club.
It says Miller, 33, is on the summer shopping list of manager Ally McCoist. The deal could be completed as early as Thursday, according to the report.
Miller’s salary, $1.1 million on the books, makes him the team’s highest paid man.
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 2
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0