May 20, 2013, 10:18 AM EDT
Vancouver Whitecaps fans surely expected more from Kenny Miller when he made a high-profile leap across the Atlantic into the Pacific Northwest. Four goals going into the meat of his second year in MLS?
Yes, safe to say more was expected – even if there were plenty of voices warning about Scottish strikers and inflated expectations, mostly due to inflated numbers built while playing in the lopsided structure of Scotland’s top division.
So, they probably aren’t going to mind much if this happens.
The report out of Scotland says the former Rangers striker is close to a return to the Ibrox, which would mark his third run at the fabled Scottish club.
It says Miller, 33, is on the summer shopping list of manager Ally McCoist. The deal could be completed as early as Thursday, according to the report.
Miller’s salary, $1.1 million on the books, makes him the team’s highest paid man.
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6