May 22, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
U.S. Soccer announced potential fourth round U.S. Open Cup pairings on Wednesday, but given the way home venues are decided for each round, the future can often be a little muddled. You can check out the official announcement here, but here’s another way to look at it: MLS’s 16 teams; who they play; what happens when they win.
Chicago Fire – The 2011 finalists face USL PRO’s Charlotte Eagles on Wednesday in Rock Hill, S.C. If they win, they host the winner of USL PRO’s Dayton Dutch Lions’ visit to the Columbus Crew.
Chivas USA – The Goats will be at USL PRO’s L.A. Blues next Tuesday in Fullerton. If they advance, Chivas will play at the winner of the LA Galaxy’s visit to the NASL’s Carolina Railhawks.
Colorado Rapids – Colorado makes an expansion scouting trip on Tuesday, visiting USL PRO’s Orlando City SC. With a win, the Rapids will play at defending champions Sporting Kansas City or host the PDL’s Des Moines Menace.
Columbus Crew – If they best the USL’s Dayton Dutch Lions next Wednesday, the Crew will either play at Chicago or host USL PRO’s Charlotte Eagles.
D.C. United – Play at USL Pro’s Richmond Kickers on Tuesday. Win and United host the victor of the PDL’s Ocean City Noe’easters’ visit to the Philadelphia Union.
FC Dallas – They’re on the road at the NASL’s Fort Lauderdale Strikers on Tuesday. If they win, Dallas gets to host the winner of the PDL’s FC Tucson’s trip to play the Houston Dynamo.
Houston Dynamo – If they eliminate FC Tucson on Wednesday, they’ll either visit FC Dallas or host the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
New England Revolution – They visit USL PRO’s Rochester Rhinos on Tuesday. Should they win, New England welcomes the winner of the PDL’s Reading FC’s visit to the New York Red Bulls.
New York Red Bulls – NY1 play Reading on Wednesday. If they advance, they’ll be in the road, either at New England or Rochester.
Philadelphia Union – Philly will host the PDL’s Ocean City Nor’easters on Tuesday. If they advance, the Union visit either D.C. United or USL PRO’s Richmond Kickers.
Portland Timbers – USL PRO’s Wilmington Hammerheads come to town on Wednesday. If the Timbers win, they’ll either visit the Sounders or host the NASL’s Tampa Bay Rowdies.
Real Salt Lake – Rio Tinto welcomes the NASL’s Atlanta Silverbacks next Tuesday. If RSL wins, they’ll host the winner of the San Jose Earthquakes’ visit to USL PRO’s Charleston Battery.
San Jose Earthquakes – Should they win in Charleston, San Jose will play at the winner of Atlanta’s visit to Real Salt Lake.
Seattle Sounders – Last year’s finalists visit the Tampa Bay Rowdies on Wednesday. If they win, the Sounders will welcome the winner of the Wilmington Hammerheads’ visit to the Portland Timbers.
Sporting Kansas City – The defending champions host the PDL’s Des Moines Menace on Tuesday. Should they win, Sporting will host the winner of Colorado’s visit to Orlando City.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro