May 23, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Sun has apparently found an interview with Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic from Bosnia where he says he’s going to start training with Liverpool starting July 10.
This season’s hot new topic between the sticks has been rumored to have suitors in Manchester United and Arsenal, but it may be the Kop that comes calling first in order to replace the rumored departure of Pepe Reina.
Reina is supposedly considering a move to Barcelona to replace the aging Victor Valdes as they overhaul the Catalan giants.
Every once in a while in the transfer sagas in the sport of soccer, someone attempts to show up at another club to force a move. Last window, West Bromwich Albion striker Peter Odemwingie arrived unannounced at the door of Queens Park Rangers in an attempt to bully each side into a switch. It didn’t work out too well.
Begovic is a bit more of a coveted commodity than Odemwingie was, but it will be interesting to see how Stoke react to this move.
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 4
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 13
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 33