May 23, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Chelsea fans will be delighted, while those supporting Manchester City are sure to question who’s on their team’s mind after chief executive Ferran Soriano has publicly slashed two players of any mock wish lists.
Soriano was quoted by tuttomercatoweb.com with saying, “Neymar and Falcao? [These reports are] false, they have never been on our agenda.”
Neymar has been heavily linked with a switch from Santos in his home country of Brazil to Barcelona, but as with any high profile player looking to move, he’s been linked with a number of richer clubs looking to reload, and Manchester City fits that bill.
Some reports have suggested Neymar may end up staying in Brazil until the 2014 World Cup has run its course.
The Radamel Falcao saga has taken many twists, and Chelsea remain the favorite to sign the Colombian sensation, but the Blues can now cross another competitor off their list.
Manchester City have been strongly linked with a swap involving striker Edin Dzeko in exchange for Napoli’s Edinson Cavani.
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 1
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 0-1 Sporting Kansas City 4