May 23, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
With Paolo Di Canio admitting to his defender there’s no room for him at the Stadium of Light, talkSPORT is reporting Titus Bramble will say goodbye to the English Premier League in exchange for a switch stateside.
The 31-year-old center back has played 13 seasons in the Premier League with Ipswich, Newcastle, Wigan, and Sunderland. However, his switch to the Black Cats from Wigan in 2010 has seen Bramble record the two lowest appearances in a season in his career the last two seasons.
The England international confirmed on Twitter he’d be leaving, thanking the fans in the northeast corner of the country:
The NE is a special place to play and will always be close to my heart. I wish the club and my teammates all the best for the future.—
titus bramble (@19tmb) May 23, 2013
Bramble fell out of favor with the fiery Di Canio after the two butted heads on a number of occasions, and it was only released today that the defender will avoid a hefty fine for a number of spats with his boss.
He’s had his share of off-the-field incidents as well, being questioned by police in connection with rape, drugs, and sexual assault issues. He’s never been actually charged with anything, so it shouldn’t present any work permit issue.
Who would Bramble sign with if he indeed heads to the United States?
- Freddy Adu heading back to MLS? Reports claims two teams interested 4
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 13
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0