May 23, 2013, 6:35 PM EST
The United States U-18 squad drew with hosts Portugal in the middle of three group-stage matches during the 19th Annual Lisbon International Juniors Tournament.
The 1-1 draw kept the US on top of their group, two days after defeating the Czech Republic 3-0 (they played Czechoslovakia according to the official US Soccer match report; assuming that means the Czech Republic since that’s what it says in their tournament preview) thanks to a brace from D.C. United youth product Romain Gall. He also picked up an assist on the third goal. The 18-year-old is ranked #5 in IMG Academy‘s rankings for his age group.
Gall also scored the US’s only goal on a free kick in their 1-1 draw with Portugal, which kept them atop the group. They still have yet to play Hungary in the final group match.
Coach Javier Perez (pictured) picked a roster that included 3 players from the U-17 CONCACAF Championships in April as well as 10 players who represented the U-18’s at a tournament in France and Romania back in March.
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0