May 23, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
This has been a heavily-expected move, with Mourinho having been rumored to be the next Chelsea manager ever since current Blues boss Rafa Benitez said he will not return after the end of the year.
Many have speculated on how a second stint with Chelsea will go for Mourinho, whose first spell with the London club ended in a firestorm of opinions.
June 2, the day Rogers says Chelsea will unveil Mourinho, is the last match of Real Madrid’s season. Seems that will be a busy day for “The Special One.”
When the Mourinho-to-Chelsea rumors began, there were many outlets reporting he had a wish list that he presented to as an ultimatum to chairman Roman Abramovich. That wish list was rumored to have included players such as Falcao, Hulk, Sami Khedira, Angel Di Maria, Joao Moutinho, and Mouraine Fellaini. Moutinho today has been reportedly sold to Monaco along with Colombian wonderkid James Rodriguez.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3