May 24, 2013, 1:56 PM EST
If you’re walking around Trafalgar Square or outside Buckingham Place this weekend, expect a few more people dressed in Lederhosens or eating Sauerkrauts than you would usually see.
The Germans are coming.
But they are in London for a reason, to witness one of the worlds greatest sporting events.
At 2:45pm ET on Saturday, two bitter rivals from the Bundesliga will square off under the arch at Wembley Stadium.
Ever since Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund defeated Barcelona at Real Madrid respectively, attentions in London switched to what could be a troublesome match up.
Logistics for any major final are difficult, but reportedly almost 80,000 Germans will descend on London for the showpiece final.
Extra flights have been put on from Deutschland to England, with fans already congregating in all the famous spots across England’s capital city.
Here are some great snaps of the festivities as the biggest match in world soccer is just 24 hours away.
In case you weren’t aware of the tradition between English and German holidaymakers sharing the same hotels in beach resorts across the Mediterranean, here is a little bit of info. German tourists always, always, wake up early before the Brits to put their towels on the sun loungers ahead of a day around the pool.
Hence the photo below.
Wembley Stadium in all its glory, as the trophy is placed outside the Royal Box.
And here is the home of football from the outside, with both clubs badges and colors adorning the stadium.
Bayern’s players arrive in London on a typical rainy day.
Trafalgar Square is filling up with soccer fans already, the beer will be flowing tonight in Central London.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3