May 25, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
Santos confirmed that they have accepted two offers for Brazilian sensation Neymar. He’s announced he will decide which team to join, but says it could take “five minutes, a half-hour, or three days.”
Santos did not confirm who the offers are from, but Spanish outfit Globoesporte.com is reporting Neymar’s agent says they have come in from Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Barcelona are thought of as the heavy favorites for Neymar’s signature. Santos vice-president Odilio Rodrigues said he’s had a “gentleman’s agreement” with Barcelona for a while (whatever that means).
Neymar’s current contract with Santos runs through the 2014 World Cup, and has a buyout clause of €65 million.
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 3
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0