May 25, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
Santos confirmed that they have accepted two offers for Brazilian sensation Neymar. He’s announced he will decide which team to join, but says it could take “five minutes, a half-hour, or three days.”
Santos did not confirm who the offers are from, but Spanish outfit Globoesporte.com is reporting Neymar’s agent says they have come in from Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Barcelona are thought of as the heavy favorites for Neymar’s signature. Santos vice-president Odilio Rodrigues said he’s had a “gentleman’s agreement” with Barcelona for a while (whatever that means).
Neymar’s current contract with Santos runs through the 2014 World Cup, and has a buyout clause of €65 million.
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 1
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 0-1 Sporting Kansas City 4