May 25, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
FC Barcelona have confirmed via their official Twitter account that Neymar has agreed to join the Catalan side next season.
Neymar couldn’t even control his excitement. Obviously trying his darndest to wait until the Champions League fervor had died down, he posted on his Instagram, “I can’t hold back until Monday. My friends and family already know my decision. Monday I will sign a contract with Barcelona.”
The 21-year-old Brazilian’s post on Instagram actually came first, indicating he just couldn’t hold it in any longer, which probably prompted Barcelona to act swiftly so as to look intentional.
FC Barcelona have reached an agreement with Santos for Neymar. The Brazilian player will join FC Barcelona for the next five seasons.—
FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) May 26, 2013
Neymar’s continued, pouring his heart out to his home club of Santos, “I would like to thank the fans of Santos for these incredible nine years. My feelings for the club and fans will never change. It is eternal! Only a club like Santos FC could give me everything I could want on and off the field.”
He confirmed he will play one more match for Santos on Sunday so as to give the fans an opportunity to send him off properly. He will then sign the contract with Barcelona the following day, a 5-year deal.
One thing to keep in mind, if this is how Neymar handles official business without Messi-mania by his side…get your popcorn ready for a wild five years.
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 0
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 1
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0