May 25, 2013, 8:29 PM EST
At the very least, he scored one of the weekend’s top goals, striking in the first half Saturday on a wonderful volley in the steady rain in Foxborough, just outside of Boston.
Fagundez’s team-leading fourth goal was his third in three games for the Revs, who seem to be rising. Fagundez’s strike was the Revolution’s only goal in a 1-1 draw two weeks ago against New York.
His goal was important last week as Jay Heaps’ team took down Houston at BBVA Compass Stadium, where the Revs became only the second team to grab a win.
So, his goals have been important ones, too.
As for quality, well, just watch this one, taken on the full volley from Chris Tierney’s big cross. It’s not an easy ball to hit under optimal conditions, much less in the cold rain.
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Atsu and Bony lead Ghana, Ivory Coast into semis 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Spurs to snatch Laporte, Liverpool in for Reid 1
- Southampton 0-1 Swansea: Shelvey snatches win with sensational late strike 0
- Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa: Gunners torch hapless Villa with deadly counters 0
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 4
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0