May 26, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Since Robin van Persie’s £24 million transfer from Arsenal to Manchester United last August, CNN host and Arsenal homer Piers Morgan has repeatedly voiced his displeasure over the Dutchman’s sale.
Morgan’s cries have been well-voiced during his Fox Soccer special appearances and on Twitter where the 48 year old has been using the hashtag #VanPursestrings throughout the entire season.
Van Persie finally drove the dagger deep into Morgan’s heart when he took time away from sipping championship bubbly to send the pundit a signed photograph of himself kissing the Premier League trophy.
Morgan has responded by tweeting out the photo images and vowing to use the photo as a doormat at his Beverly Hills home:
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 0
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 0-1 Vancouver Whitecaps 0
- MLS Snapshot: Columbus Crew SC 3-0 Orlando City SC 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Can Spurs, Man City find hope versus Newcastle, West Ham? 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea closer to title; Leicester climb off the bottom 0