May 26, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Since Robin van Persie’s £24 million transfer from Arsenal to Manchester United last August, CNN host and Arsenal homer Piers Morgan has repeatedly voiced his displeasure over the Dutchman’s sale.
Morgan’s cries have been well-voiced during his Fox Soccer special appearances and on Twitter where the 48 year old has been using the hashtag #VanPursestrings throughout the entire season.
Van Persie finally drove the dagger deep into Morgan’s heart when he took time away from sipping championship bubbly to send the pundit a signed photograph of himself kissing the Premier League trophy.
Morgan has responded by tweeting out the photo images and vowing to use the photo as a doormat at his Beverly Hills home:
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 4
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 0
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 1 0
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers