May 26, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Since Robin van Persie’s £24 million transfer from Arsenal to Manchester United last August, CNN host and Arsenal homer Piers Morgan has repeatedly voiced his displeasure over the Dutchman’s sale.
Morgan’s cries have been well-voiced during his Fox Soccer special appearances and on Twitter where the 48 year old has been using the hashtag #VanPursestrings throughout the entire season.
Van Persie finally drove the dagger deep into Morgan’s heart when he took time away from sipping championship bubbly to send the pundit a signed photograph of himself kissing the Premier League trophy.
Morgan has responded by tweeting out the photo images and vowing to use the photo as a doormat at his Beverly Hills home:
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 0
- Angel Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid, rejects new contract 0
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 10
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 0
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 2