May 26, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Since Robin van Persie’s £24 million transfer from Arsenal to Manchester United last August, CNN host and Arsenal homer Piers Morgan has repeatedly voiced his displeasure over the Dutchman’s sale.
Morgan’s cries have been well-voiced during his Fox Soccer special appearances and on Twitter where the 48 year old has been using the hashtag #VanPursestrings throughout the entire season.
Van Persie finally drove the dagger deep into Morgan’s heart when he took time away from sipping championship bubbly to send the pundit a signed photograph of himself kissing the Premier League trophy.
Morgan has responded by tweeting out the photo images and vowing to use the photo as a doormat at his Beverly Hills home:
- Liverpool complete $20 million signing of Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton 0
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 1
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 1
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 16
- Reports: Galaxy on verge of landing El Tri star Dos Santos as “core player” 9
- Report: Sepp Blatter will not attend Women’s World Cup final 0