May 26, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Since Robin van Persie’s £24 million transfer from Arsenal to Manchester United last August, CNN host and Arsenal homer Piers Morgan has repeatedly voiced his displeasure over the Dutchman’s sale.
Morgan’s cries have been well-voiced during his Fox Soccer special appearances and on Twitter where the 48 year old has been using the hashtag #VanPursestrings throughout the entire season.
Van Persie finally drove the dagger deep into Morgan’s heart when he took time away from sipping championship bubbly to send the pundit a signed photograph of himself kissing the Premier League trophy.
Morgan has responded by tweeting out the photo images and vowing to use the photo as a doormat at his Beverly Hills home:
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 15
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 8
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 5
- USMNT move up one spot in latest FIFA World rankings 3