May 27, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
With a goal in his back pocket and a Champions League winner’s medal around his neck, Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic was on top of the world.
As Bastian Schweinsteiger raised the Champions League cup, Mandzukic was partying like a rock star when his medal managed to unlatch from its ribbon, seemingly lost in a swarm of celebration.
Fortunately, Franck Ribery was there with a no-look, sixth-sense reaction, snagging his teammate’s medal and saving the striker from what would no doubt have been a very crappy Sunday morning.
- Vancouver sends Nigel Reo-Coker to Chivas USA for Mauro Rosales 0
- Tim Howard taking a break from U.S. international duty 5
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 9
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 16
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 2