May 27, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
With a goal in his back pocket and a Champions League winner’s medal around his neck, Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic was on top of the world.
As Bastian Schweinsteiger raised the Champions League cup, Mandzukic was partying like a rock star when his medal managed to unlatch from its ribbon, seemingly lost in a swarm of celebration.
Fortunately, Franck Ribery was there with a no-look, sixth-sense reaction, snagging his teammate’s medal and saving the striker from what would no doubt have been a very crappy Sunday morning.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 1
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1