May 27, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
With a goal in his back pocket and a Champions League winner’s medal around his neck, Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic was on top of the world.
As Bastian Schweinsteiger raised the Champions League cup, Mandzukic was partying like a rock star when his medal managed to unlatch from its ribbon, seemingly lost in a swarm of celebration.
Fortunately, Franck Ribery was there with a no-look, sixth-sense reaction, snagging his teammate’s medal and saving the striker from what would no doubt have been a very crappy Sunday morning.
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 3
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 2
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0