May 27, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
With a goal in his back pocket and a Champions League winner’s medal around his neck, Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic was on top of the world.
As Bastian Schweinsteiger raised the Champions League cup, Mandzukic was partying like a rock star when his medal managed to unlatch from its ribbon, seemingly lost in a swarm of celebration.
Fortunately, Franck Ribery was there with a no-look, sixth-sense reaction, snagging his teammate’s medal and saving the striker from what would no doubt have been a very crappy Sunday morning.
- Hyndman stars as U.S. U-20 team downs Myanmar 2-1 to open World Cup play 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 35
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 5