May 27, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
With a goal in his back pocket and a Champions League winner’s medal around his neck, Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic was on top of the world.
As Bastian Schweinsteiger raised the Champions League cup, Mandzukic was partying like a rock star when his medal managed to unlatch from its ribbon, seemingly lost in a swarm of celebration.
Fortunately, Franck Ribery was there with a no-look, sixth-sense reaction, snagging his teammate’s medal and saving the striker from what would no doubt have been a very crappy Sunday morning.
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire