May 30, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
U.S. international Jozy Altidore is on a number of clubs’ shortlists this summer, and it’s no secret.
Having scored 31 goals last season for Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar, including 23 in 33 Eredivise matches, Altidore’s stock has skyrocketed and clubs such as Schalke and Lazio have openly expressed interest in the striker.
At a reported €4 million ($5.2 million) price tag, it’s no wonder a number of clubs are showing genuine interest.
However, Fiorentina, Sporting CP, Fulham, Napoli, and Stuttgart have all dropped out of contention.
Altidore’s agent and former MLS player Lyle Yorks told MLSSoccer.com, “There’s plenty of interest for Jozy.”
Yorks also denied any truth to a Spanish report linking Altidore with Aston Villa along with Spanish sides Catania, Real Betis, and Sevilla.
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0