May 30, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
U.S. international Jozy Altidore is on a number of clubs’ shortlists this summer, and it’s no secret.
Having scored 31 goals last season for Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar, including 23 in 33 Eredivise matches, Altidore’s stock has skyrocketed and clubs such as Schalke and Lazio have openly expressed interest in the striker.
At a reported €4 million ($5.2 million) price tag, it’s no wonder a number of clubs are showing genuine interest.
However, Fiorentina, Sporting CP, Fulham, Napoli, and Stuttgart have all dropped out of contention.
Altidore’s agent and former MLS player Lyle Yorks told MLSSoccer.com, “There’s plenty of interest for Jozy.”
Yorks also denied any truth to a Spanish report linking Altidore with Aston Villa along with Spanish sides Catania, Real Betis, and Sevilla.
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0