May 30, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
U.S. international Jozy Altidore is on a number of clubs’ shortlists this summer, and it’s no secret.
Having scored 31 goals last season for Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar, including 23 in 33 Eredivise matches, Altidore’s stock has skyrocketed and clubs such as Schalke and Lazio have openly expressed interest in the striker.
At a reported €4 million ($5.2 million) price tag, it’s no wonder a number of clubs are showing genuine interest.
However, Fiorentina, Sporting CP, Fulham, Napoli, and Stuttgart have all dropped out of contention.
Altidore’s agent and former MLS player Lyle Yorks told MLSSoccer.com, “There’s plenty of interest for Jozy.”
Yorks also denied any truth to a Spanish report linking Altidore with Aston Villa along with Spanish sides Catania, Real Betis, and Sevilla.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3