May 30, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
U.S. international Jozy Altidore is on a number of clubs’ shortlists this summer, and it’s no secret.
Having scored 31 goals last season for Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar, including 23 in 33 Eredivise matches, Altidore’s stock has skyrocketed and clubs such as Schalke and Lazio have openly expressed interest in the striker.
At a reported €4 million ($5.2 million) price tag, it’s no wonder a number of clubs are showing genuine interest.
However, Fiorentina, Sporting CP, Fulham, Napoli, and Stuttgart have all dropped out of contention.
Altidore’s agent and former MLS player Lyle Yorks told MLSSoccer.com, “There’s plenty of interest for Jozy.”
Yorks also denied any truth to a Spanish report linking Altidore with Aston Villa along with Spanish sides Catania, Real Betis, and Sevilla.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 5
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0