May 30, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
U.S. international Jozy Altidore is on a number of clubs’ shortlists this summer, and it’s no secret.
Having scored 31 goals last season for Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar, including 23 in 33 Eredivise matches, Altidore’s stock has skyrocketed and clubs such as Schalke and Lazio have openly expressed interest in the striker.
At a reported €4 million ($5.2 million) price tag, it’s no wonder a number of clubs are showing genuine interest.
However, Fiorentina, Sporting CP, Fulham, Napoli, and Stuttgart have all dropped out of contention.
Altidore’s agent and former MLS player Lyle Yorks told MLSSoccer.com, “There’s plenty of interest for Jozy.”
Yorks also denied any truth to a Spanish report linking Altidore with Aston Villa along with Spanish sides Catania, Real Betis, and Sevilla.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0
- League Cup roundup: Sheffield United shocks Saints, Chelsea also moves to semifinals 0