May 31, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
CONCACAF released all of the Gold Cup preliminary rosters, and Landon Donovan has made the list.
Donovan has been missing from the U.S. Men’s National Team since the 1-0 win over Mexico in October due to his break from the game of soccer. He recently returned to the L.A. Galaxy on March 30.
Also appearing on the list are Carlos Bocanegra and Oguchi Onyewu. The two veteran defenders have been overlooked recently in favor of younger, greener options, but head coach Jurgen Klinsmann may now be opting to at least give them another shot.
Speaking of young and green, 20-year-old Jack McInerney of the Philadelphia Union also appears on the roster, fresh off his second consecutive MLS Player of the Month award. He has not been capped at the senior level yet.
Klinsmann will pick his final 23-man roster from this preliminary list on June 27. Countries can make replacements to that 23-man roster from this preliminary list. Those replacements would come in the form of up to 4 new players swapped in following the group stage.
Apparently CONCACAF decided it would be a good idea to make the rosters public via their Dropbox account, which immediately locked up from traffic. However, Fox Soccer tweeted a picture of the entire roster, which can be found here.
- MLS Cup preview: Real Salt Lake meets Sporting Kansas City to decide Major League Soccer’s 18th championship 1
- Premier League Roundup: Upsets galore as Manchester United, Chelsea lose 0
- Jose Mourinho: “We’re in trouble” after Chelsea’s defeat to Stoke 1
- Stoke City 3-2 Chelsea: Assaidi’s screamer hands Potters massive win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (40)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (23)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (22)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)