Jun 12, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
36-year-old midfielder Massimo Ambrosini has been let go by A.C. Milan after an 18-year career at the San Siro.
The Rossoneri captain’s agent Moreno Roggi said he is considering a move to London, while he’s already rejected offers from MLS.
“Obviously Massimo wants to continue. At this moment we are in talks with West Ham, while we have already ruled out Major League Soccer.”
Roggi also mentioned it would be considered if an Italian club tabled an offer, as rumors of interest from Fiorentina come through.
“His preference would be overseas clubs, but if an offer did come in from an Italian side, we would not ignore it completely.”
AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani admitted it was extremely difficult for him to make a business decision involving Ambrosini.
“I’m really sorry to say goodbye to Ambrosini. It’s a decision that sees me emotionally involved”, Galliani told the club’s official website. “I’m sorry for Massimo that we announced the decision. We have been torn for many days. He’s really sorry too, but at the end the age reasons overcame the emotions. “
Galliani also went on to detail how Ambrosini’s work ethic and personality as a youngster was a key component in making a name for himself at the Italian giants.
During his time with Milan, Ambrosini made 338 Serie A appearances, and 444 appearances over all competitions, scoring 34 goals. The only time he spent away from the San Siro was a year’s loan spell at Vicenza Calcio.
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- Venue Guide: Check out where the USA will play at 2014 World Cup in Brazil 5
- Premier League Power Rankings: Everton flying, Manchester United nosedive – Week 14-15 1
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"