Jun 13, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Don’t know about you, but I can’t get enough Zlatan Ibrahimovic in my life.
There are plenty of fantastic characters in world football – Mario Balotelli, Rino Gattuso, Craig Bellamy, Dimitar Berbetov – but for me, there is no more entertaining than Zlatan.
Want a million dollar idea? Create a reality show that simply follows Zlatan around all day long. Boom. You’re welcome.
On Tuesday’s 2-0 victory over the Faroe Islands, Ibra was up to his old tricks once again. Sure, he scored both of Sweden’s goals but he made sure to have some fun while doing so.
Throughout the match the PSG striker trash-talked and embarrassed the Faroe Island players, calling them “a bunch of fisherman” and taunting them with how much money he earned.
The response of Faroe striker Simun Samuelsen?
“Yes, we fish. It’s part of our culture. So what?”
Samuelsen went on to explain his confusion over Zlatan’s belittlement. “Zlatan is such a good player, we don’t understand why he is in such a bad mood,” the HB Torshavn forward told Marca. “We play hard and honest, but we do not try to humiliate anybody like this.”
Well, apparently Zlatan was in such a bad mood because he thought the Faroe players were being a bunch of “cry babies.” In his post match interview with the Swedish media, Ibra explained that never in his life had he been matched against a group of players who “moaned so much”.
Meanwhile, Samuelsen was still trying to put the pieces together on what happened.
“We are a small country and it is strange that he wants to put us down even more,” Samuelsen said. ”Ibra tells us we are fishermen and yes we are, it is a part of our culture. . . . I can’t understand why he behaves like that to us. We finish work at four and then go training in the evening.”
So what was Zlatan’s ultimate solution to all the moaning?
How about a no-look pass of the ball directly to the face of Faroes keeper Gunnar Nielsen (video below)?
Heck, why not even do it directly in front of the ref?
Because in the book of Zlatan, that’s never a yellow card. “Absolutely not,” Ibra said. ”The goalie talked some sh*t, so of course I’m throwing the ball at him.”
Don’t ever change, big man.
- WATCH: PST Extra – Will Everton upset Arsenal? Can Man United bounce back vs. Newcastle? 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Sunderland and Everton to upset odds 3
- Kyle Martino chats Andre Villas-Boas drama and Premier League parity 0
- Mike Magee Wins 2013 MLS Most Valuable Player Award 5
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 5
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 3
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 4
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 4
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)