Jun 13, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Don’t know about you, but I can’t get enough Zlatan Ibrahimovic in my life.
There are plenty of fantastic characters in world football – Mario Balotelli, Rino Gattuso, Craig Bellamy, Dimitar Berbetov – but for me, there is no more entertaining than Zlatan.
Want a million dollar idea? Create a reality show that simply follows Zlatan around all day long. Boom. You’re welcome.
On Tuesday’s 2-0 victory over the Faroe Islands, Ibra was up to his old tricks once again. Sure, he scored both of Sweden’s goals but he made sure to have some fun while doing so.
Throughout the match the PSG striker trash-talked and embarrassed the Faroe Island players, calling them “a bunch of fisherman” and taunting them with how much money he earned.
The response of Faroe striker Simun Samuelsen?
“Yes, we fish. It’s part of our culture. So what?”
Samuelsen went on to explain his confusion over Zlatan’s belittlement. “Zlatan is such a good player, we don’t understand why he is in such a bad mood,” the HB Torshavn forward told Marca. “We play hard and honest, but we do not try to humiliate anybody like this.”
Well, apparently Zlatan was in such a bad mood because he thought the Faroe players were being a bunch of “cry babies.” In his post match interview with the Swedish media, Ibra explained that never in his life had he been matched against a group of players who “moaned so much”.
Meanwhile, Samuelsen was still trying to put the pieces together on what happened.
“We are a small country and it is strange that he wants to put us down even more,” Samuelsen said. ”Ibra tells us we are fishermen and yes we are, it is a part of our culture. . . . I can’t understand why he behaves like that to us. We finish work at four and then go training in the evening.”
So what was Zlatan’s ultimate solution to all the moaning?
How about a no-look pass of the ball directly to the face of Faroes keeper Gunnar Nielsen (video below)?
Heck, why not even do it directly in front of the ref?
Because in the book of Zlatan, that’s never a yellow card. “Absolutely not,” Ibra said. ”The goalie talked some sh*t, so of course I’m throwing the ball at him.”
Don’t ever change, big man.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return