Jun 15, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce told the Daily Mail that “most of the negotiations are done” with Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, and they’re just waiting for the player to put pen to paper.
The London club’s manager explained that both he and the Englishman were out if the country but that they’ve both spoken both to each other and through his agent.
He also explained the two clubs have agreed on a fee, in the range of £15 million ($23.6 million) according to the Mail.
“I’ve no real need to speak to him over his decision” said Big Sam. “I’ve spoken to him enough times so he knows what I think and it’s up to him. He’s back in the next few days so we should have a definitive answer by the end of next week.”
The Mail says West Ham are ready, willing, and able to break their wage structure to sign Carroll, and that he’s also set to make £2 million ($3.14 million) from Liverpool on the sale as a “golden goodbye” payment because he didn’t formally ask to leave.
Carroll, purchased by Liverpool from Newcastle for £35 million ($55 million) 2011, and has largely disappointed at Anfield before being sent on loan to West Ham for all of last year.
The 24-year-old striker enjoyed a prolific season with the Hammers, scoring 7 goals and assisting 4 more, although still clearly not living up to his original price.
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 1
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers