Jun 19, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
What probably was a silly little remark has exploded into a full-blown transfer rumor.
Following his hat-trick in Spain’s U-21 Euro finals victory over Italy, Thiago Alcantara received the match ball for his outstanding performance.
Already linked with a move away from Barcelona, cameras caught images of Thiago’s match ball as he was carrying it out of the stadium. It had been signed by his teammates.
So what’s the big deal?
Someone caught a message on the ball to Thiago written by U-21 teammate and Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea: “Nos vemos en Manchester.”
“See you in Manchester.”
More than likely this was a little quip by de Gea to do nothing more than have a little fun after a big win and maybe nudge Thiago to come his way. No matter the intent, it’s now become a really big deal in the Spanish papers.
Already linked with a move to Manchester United, David Moyes could very well be seriously interested in the immensely talented midfielder.
- Americans Abroad Review: Guzan blanks Chelsea, Cameron steady again 0
- Messi becomes Barca’s all-time leading scorer with hat trick, Iniesta nets beauty as Blaugrana hang 7 on Osasuna 0
- Woe Trafford: Rooney calls home loss to Liverpool “one of the worst days I’ve ever had in football” 0
- Tottenham 0-1 Arsenal: Early Rosicky goal, solid shape give Arsenal derby double over Spurs (video) 1
- Manchester United 0-3 Liverpool: Gerrard hits twice from the spot to send Reds second (video) 2
- Premier League Preview: Title, Champions League races in focus in Sunday derbies 0
- VIDEO: Corinthians Hold Their First Practice at Arena de Sao Paulo
- Seven out of Top 10 Most Famous Brazilians Ever are Soccer Players
- Earthquakes Draw with RSL in 6-Goal Thriller
- Revs' Struggles at PPL Park Remain Intact Following Loss to Union
- D.C. United 2014 Roster Preview: The Defenders Edition
- Rooney Looks to Improve Partnership with RVP Ahead of Liverpool Clash
- Bruin Continues Hot Start, Dynamo Down Impact 1-0
- Red Bulls Don't Complain About Penalty Kick Call
- Liga MX Round-Up: Cruz Azul Back to Top Spot
- Olympiakos Win Their 41st Superleague Title