Jun 19, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
What probably was a silly little remark has exploded into a full-blown transfer rumor.
Following his hat-trick in Spain’s U-21 Euro finals victory over Italy, Thiago Alcantara received the match ball for his outstanding performance.
Already linked with a move away from Barcelona, cameras caught images of Thiago’s match ball as he was carrying it out of the stadium. It had been signed by his teammates.
So what’s the big deal?
Someone caught a message on the ball to Thiago written by U-21 teammate and Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea: “Nos vemos en Manchester.”
“See you in Manchester.”
More than likely this was a little quip by de Gea to do nothing more than have a little fun after a big win and maybe nudge Thiago to come his way. No matter the intent, it’s now become a really big deal in the Spanish papers.
Already linked with a move to Manchester United, David Moyes could very well be seriously interested in the immensely talented midfielder.
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 0
- Sepp Blatter wins first vote 133-73, but not by enough to avoid second vote 1
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 3
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 5
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 3