Jun 19, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
What probably was a silly little remark has exploded into a full-blown transfer rumor.
Following his hat-trick in Spain’s U-21 Euro finals victory over Italy, Thiago Alcantara received the match ball for his outstanding performance.
Already linked with a move away from Barcelona, cameras caught images of Thiago’s match ball as he was carrying it out of the stadium. It had been signed by his teammates.
So what’s the big deal?
Someone caught a message on the ball to Thiago written by U-21 teammate and Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea: “Nos vemos en Manchester.”
“See you in Manchester.”
More than likely this was a little quip by de Gea to do nothing more than have a little fun after a big win and maybe nudge Thiago to come his way. No matter the intent, it’s now become a really big deal in the Spanish papers.
Already linked with a move to Manchester United, David Moyes could very well be seriously interested in the immensely talented midfielder.
Mar 7, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
Will United really pay such a high price for young Luke Shaw?
Mar 7, 2014, 2:26 AM EST
Joe Prince-Wright and Mike Prindiville discuss this weekend’s meeting relegation-embattled Cardiff City and Fulham.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:12 AM EST
What definitely will not happen in the upcoming Major League Soccer season.
Mar 6, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Who’s hot and who’s not? It’s all change in the latest PL Power Rankings, as sides shuffle with 10 games to go:
Mar 6, 2014, 7:54 PM EST
The Supporters’ Shield winners could be without Henry, Cahill, and Olave on Saturday in Vancouver.
Mar 6, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
Atlanta will have to stumble to miss out on expansion, with Minneapolis also looking like a favorite to snare on of the league’s next franchises.
Mar 6, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
No. 1 was easy. It’s 2 through 10 that were hard.
Mar 6, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Nigeria will help the U.S. prepare for Brazil.
Mar 6, 2014, 3:18 PM EST
The Black and Red give their newest star the deal Seattle couldn’t.
Mar 6, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Can the Baggies seal an unlikely double over United? Watch live on NBCSN, Saturday, 7:45 a.m. ET:
Mar 6, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
With the 2014 season just a few days away, here is the full MLS on NBC TV schedule:
Mar 6, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Southampton’s star man shone for England once again, as many clamber for Lallana to start this summer in Brazil:
Mar 6, 2014, 1:28 PM EST
Injured and unfit to play in the Premier League, what in the world were the Cottagers thinking shelling out a club record $20 million for damaged goods during a relegation battle?
Mar 6, 2014, 12:38 PM EST
Fortunately West Brom is playing United, who have proven themselves capable of dropping the ball against the most measly of opponents.
Jurgen Klinsmann says it would’ve been “half a miracle” if U.S. clicked vs. Ukraine, USMNT missed MLS contingent
Mar 6, 2014, 11:54 AM EST
Remember one thing before analyzing the USA’s defeat to Ukraine… half of the usual squad weren’t available for selection.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:38 AM EST
Arsenal star injured on England duty, after playing on despite suffering early injury:
Mar 6, 2014, 10:27 AM EST
Horror tackle hands Vietnam international defender Tran Dinh Dong record ban:
Mar 6, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
Super Mario set to turn up at Stamford Bridge?
Mar 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Young child runs onto pitch, but instead of being escorted away… the Brazilian national team give him a moment to remember forever:
Mar 6, 2014, 7:37 AM EST
With game time dwindling with the Red Devils, Chicharito may move on:
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 4
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- U.S. Soccer confirms three-game send-off series ahead of 2014 World Cup 3
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge
- Egyptian Player Banned for Using 'Sisi' Sign
- Houston Dynamo Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season
- Vancouver Whitecaps: Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season