Jun 20, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has confirmed the club’s stance on a number of transfer rumors: they’re not happening.
In an interview with Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, Galliani addressed a number of different players who have been rumored to be coming in or headed out of the San Siro this summer.
He squashed rumors that Stephan El Shaarawy and Kevin Prince-Boateng would be leaving the club, saying there had been offers for El Shaarawy but none that made them blink, and no one has approached them for Prince.
“It never crossed our minds to let him [El Shaarawy] go; no particularly interesting bids were made for him” said Galliani. “No one made any offers for Boateng. Neither the player nor any other clubs showed interest in him leaving.”
The fact Galliani qualifies the bids received for the 20-year-old youngster El Shaarawy as not “particularly interesting” suggests if someone meets whatever their evaluation of him is, the club would most likely pull the trigger.
Galliani also said he’d love to have Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, but they club doesn’t have the money to make a serious offer, and would have to sell an important piece to make that happen.
“Tevez? He’s a Man City player and we won’t be making a move unless someone leaves here first” claimed Galliani. “If anyone is interested in Tevez, by all means. We can’t afford to move for him unless we transfer some players.”
The 68-year-old Italian ended with this definitive statement, “Numerically and technically we feel we are already competitive, so if we don’t sell anyone, no one new will be coming in.”
AC Milan finished third in the Serie A table last season by a large margin, 6 points back of second and 15 behind champions Juventus. They barely held off Fiorentina for the league’s final Champions League spot.
It appears, at least for now, the squad will say pretty similar to last season’s.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 1
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 6
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3