Jun 20, 2013, 9:59 PM EST
Chelsea defender and Brazil international David Luiz confirmed via Chelsea’s website he has a broken nose, and will require surgery which he will undergo after the Confederations Cup is completed.
It couldn’t have been that hard to diagnose seeing how much blood gushed from his face after colliding with Thiago Silva during Brazil’s match with Mexico.
The two both went up for a clear in the Brazil box and banged heads, with Luiz’s face running into the back of Silva’s.
It kept Luiz off the pitch for several minutes and forced him off twice while he tried to stop the bleeding and changed shirts two separate times due to blood stains. The 26-year-old was desperate to return to the field, pointing and asking to go back, but the medical staff and referees would not allow him to return until the bleeding had been taken care of.
“Yes, my nose is broken, but that’s part of the game” said Luiz. “Now I’ll have to wait until the end of the competition and undergo surgery to fix it.”
- David Beckham says progress still being made toward MLS stadium in Miami 0
- DONE DEAL: Mattia Destro, Juan Agudelo sign with new clubs AC Milan, New England Revolution 0
- Juan Agudelo signs with New England Revolution, completes return to MLS 2
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 1
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa to contest FA charge of violent conduct 1
- Freddy Adu heading back to MLS? Reports claim two teams interested 10