Jun 21, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Adrian Heath, manager of Orlando City SC, said Wednesday that if his club get their way in the coming years, it may mean they could bring Kaka to the United States.
The Brazilian attended a training session Friday, and many believe that Orlando’s bid to join Major League Soccer in 2015 specifically coincides with the expiration of Kaka’s Real Madrid contract in 2015.
“If we reach the MLS in 2015, Kaka will most likely play with us. I believe it is very possible to get him here,” Heath told TV network WFTV 9.
“You don’t have to be Einstein to work out that his contract ends right around the same time we expect to be in the MLS. It would be unbelievable for our club. If Kaka is playing in the American league, it means we will have been accepted.”
The 31-year-old striker has a roundabout and yet strong tie to OCSC.
The agency that represents Kaka, Octagon Sports, is led by Alexandre Leitao. Leitao is the advisor to Brazilian entrepreneur Flavio Augusto da Silva, who bought a stake in Orlando City and has an agreement to become a primary owner if the club were accepted into MLS.
Still required for the club to get MLS approval is a stadium downtown. The Lions hired former special assistant to the MLS commissioner Brett Lashbrook a few weeks ago and that turned a few heads, but a lot of work is left to be done.
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 0
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced Off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo
- Despite Early Deficit, Revs Could've Climbed Back vs. Dynamo
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season